Keeper advice

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm in a keeper auction league where we get to keep 3 players from the prior year with an increase to their "salary". Here's my roster with their keeper costs. Total auction budget is $200 and keeper costs are deducted from that.

QB
Matt Ryan - $22
Robert Griffin III - $18

RB
Marshawn Lynch - $23
Andre Brown - $18
Danny Woodhead - $9
Montell Owens - $5
Jonathan Dwyer - $3

WR
Hakeem Nicks - $44
Steve Smith - $34
Danny Amendola - $18
Golden Tate - $8

TE
Rob Gronkowski - $32
Jermaine Gresham - $4

Right now my preliminary keepers would be Ryan, Lynch and Amendola. Tell me if you agree or if there's someone else you would keep instead.

nategreat

Reaction score
Are you allowed to make trades? If so, I would maybe even consider keeping both Matt Ryan and RGIII. Along with Marshawn. Keeping both QBs will give you some serious trade bait (as well as depth), and those are arguably your best three players. Both Nicks and Smith cost way too much to warrant keeping them, IMO.

But yeah, if you aren't comfortable doing that, I'd probably keep Amendola instead.

SDHawk

Reaction score
QBs are deep and TEs are shallow. I would keep Marshawn, Gronk and Amendola.

seahawks875

Reaction score
I would keep lynch and Amendola for sure, and then after that I would probably take rg3 as the third keeper

Vetamur

Reaction score
I wouldnt keep Marshawn. No one is saying it.. but..come on.. guys.. hes not going to have another year like last year. They arent going to keep Michael on the bench all the time, and if they dont trade Turbin he is also going to get his touches. With his back issues and TWO capable back ups now the Seahawks are going to be even more motivated to "save" Marshawn. Hes looking at a 1200 yard year, possibly less this time around. Its not a slight..but you dont draft a RB in the second round, have him demonstrate the ability he has already..and then just sit him. Even Alexander got 450 yards or so in relief of Ricky Watters in a similar situation back then.

32 dollars is a lot but I would keep Gronk..his production is hard to replace at TE. Well..impossible.

I would maybe keep RGIII.. QBs are deep..but RGIII puts up points that other QBs cant outside of Wilson, Kaep and potentially Vick. 80 yards rushing a game isnt going to be rare if he truly is as healthy as it seem..and he will still throw for as many yards as most QBs..so thats an extra 8 points a game plus the rushing tds.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So I decided to go with my first instinct and kept Ryan, Lynch and Amendola. The auction draft was tonight. Here's how my team came out.

QB
Matt Ryan, $22 (K)
Eli Manning, $13

RB
Marshawn Lynch, $23 (K)
Montee Ball, $20
Lamar Miller, $16
Ben Tate, $1

WR
Demaryius Thomas, $50
Danny Amendola, $18 (K)
Antonio Brown, $16