Percy Harvin stats this year

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Percy Harvin stats this year
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I saw a segment on ESPN about fantasy football and they were debating who was a better fantasy Reciever: Harvin or demaryius Thomas. It got me wondering what harvins stats will look like this year because I'm not sure if I should draft him or not in fantasy football. He now has Russell Wilson so he will be better but I don't think he'll as many targets as he got in Minnesota in our offense, what do you think his end of the year stats will look like?
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Re: Percy Harvin stats this year
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm
  • Likely Demaryius Thomas will be the better fantasy football player.

I see Harvin with 700 yards in the least, 900 yards at the most, 4 TDs in the least, 8 TDs at the most.

Not what you want to hear on a 10+ million dollar player but his influence will help the offense be less unpredictable and unreasoningly more explosive and his influence will help prepare the defense against players like Tavon Austin. Players with special athletic ability in the open field.

The area I expect Harvin to make his most productive impact will be on special teams.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm
  • That article on constraint playshttp://smartfootball.com/offense/why-every-team-should-apply-the-constraint-theory-of-offense reveals what harvin will bring more than raw stats.

I look at Harvin as the ultimate "constraint player" within an offense that already boasted two elite or near elite talents(G.Tate and R.Wilson) at forcing the defense to stay at home and fear for their lives in exotic packages that over commit.
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote: his influence will help the offense be less unpredictable

Pandion Haliaetus wrote: help the offense be less unpredictable

Pandion Haliaetus wrote: less unpredictable

:141847_bnono:
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 pm
  • If we are talking fantasy I'm taking Thomas. Dude is a great red zone threat and the best WR on a team with Peyton manning at QB
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 pm
  • I dunno about predicting catches and yards, Seattle has a very balanced offensive attack.

That being said, I will go out on a bit of a limb and say he'll snag around 10 TDs (assuming Wilson improves on his numbers from last year that would put our QB in the 30-40 TD range...40 being pretty damn high...which to me seems fair).

All while be responsible for making the key play in about 4 wins.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:If we are talking fantasy I'm taking Thomas. Dude is a great red zone threat and the best WR on a team with Peyton manning at QB

I think Decker had more TDs last year.
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 pm
  • Thomas is in a primo, primo spot. And no McGahee. I think he could end up the #1 fantasy WR. Not predicting it, just saying the ceiling is there. Percy is gonna BALL. We haven't seen anything like him here before. You like Golden Tate? Wait til you see this kid. We're going to ride him. No way is he under 900 yards. Percy will take us to the promised land. Think 1400/10, maybe more, with a bunch of rushing mixed in. He is so perfect for our offense.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 am
  • Thomas over Harvin I have no doubt about it. Not to brag but I have placed 1st, 2nd, and 1st three years running in my $100 buy in league and won $1500, so this is something i'd know a little bit about. I agree that Thomas has a good chance of being a top 5 WR I expect lots of Red Zone opps, Den will have less running game but more targets going to Welker. Harvin w be lucky to be top 10 and more likely a top 15 WR, our offense spreads the ball to much and we tend to pound near the goal line.

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. AJ Green
    3. Brandon Marshall
    4. Dez Bryant
    5. Demaryius Thomas
    6. Julio Jones
    7. Jordy Nelson
    8. Larry Fitzgerald
    9. Andre Johnson
    10. Victor Cruz
    11. Vincent Jackson
    12. Marquess Colston
    13. Percey Harvin
    14. Randell Cobb
    15. Wes Welker
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 am
  • PLease remember we have a forum just for fantasy fans.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 pm
  • The Seahawks offense was #1 in the NFL last year in DVOA, and will probably be better in 2013. Yet for such a good offense, it produced very little for fantasy football owners to get excited about. Marshawn Lynch was basically the exception, with Wilson and Rice/Tate being good bench players. It's because Seattle's philosophy with offense and winning games is pretty much the polar opposite of the kind of values put forward in fantasy football.

What will be interesting to see is how the rest of the NFL copies Seattle's approach over the next 10 years. Non-mobile QBs will slide down boards as will most receivers, and running backs would dominate the early rounds of fantasy draft more than ever. Maybe by the end of our SB run, Seattle will become a good fantasy football team just on account of the rest of the league changing to be more like us.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:07 pm
  • BTW, really interesting how they talk about the effect of the bubble screen in that "constraint" article. It's basically used to punish LBs for cheating inside to stop the run. You can now see why Seattle paid so much for Harvin now, and why AP was so upset over losing him.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm
  • This is why no fantasy football league should EVER use stock/default point rules. In the league I run at work, I've got it setup so every year, (I tweak at least a little each year) the top few defenses, WRs, QBs, and RBs are all worth approximately the same number of points.

It's stupid that by default in all the leagues out there, a #2 WR is worth as much or more than an elite defense.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm
  • Did everyone forget that Wes Welker went to Denver? Also, they drafted one of those high rated running backs, if he pans out that offense won't be one dimensional. Not knocking Thomas, I think he's going to have a good year, but lets not pretend there isn't anywhere else for Manning to throw the ball.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:Did everyone forget that Wes Welker went to Denver? Also, they drafted one of those high rated running backs, if he pans out that offense won't be one dimensional. Not knocking Thomas, I think he's going to have a good year, but lets not pretend there isn't anywhere else for Manning to throw the ball.

My thoughts too. I expect production for both Welker and Thomas to go down this year now that they are on the same team, especially if Ball performs.

Re: Harvin - will he be returning punts as well?
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

Follow Tavon, he's following the ball.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information