Neverwinter MMO

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Anyone playing this game?

It's still in open-beta...but the official release is coming soon. It's free to play, which is awesome. The graphics and feel of the game are much better than any of the other F2P MMOs that are currently out. The end game content is very good so far and they are releasing a whole bunch more. The community and support for this game are all there and so far it's looking like it's going to be a successful game.

Some quick thoughts about the game:

*Getting to level 60 is a lot of fun. The quests are pretty fun, there's dungeons to run...etc. I enjoyed it. I used to play WOW...and let me tell you it was not fun getting a character in WOW to max level.

*The currency can be farmed rather easily in this game. I can generate several hundred thousand astral diamonds a week which will go pretty far.

*The end-game dungeons are very fun. They require making sure you have a properly equipped group and that everyone forms a strategy to get through it.

*PVP had some issues, but most of those have been sorted out. They are now going to release different PVP styles instead of just 5 v 5. They are now going to have 10 v 10, new maps, and even dungeons that are part PVE and part PVP (curious to see how that will work).

*Lots of loot to be found. All kinds of armor sets, enchantments, and different ways to customize your gear.

*Balanced. Everyone is complaining about how all the other character classes are unfair...just the way you want it.

I currently have a max-leveled Cleric on the beholder server. If you play, you should look me up I am always up for some tier 2 dungeon runs. Character name is Throsslight@acular123

LargentFan

Reaction score
I have been playing for a while now. I like it a lot. I'm not max level, but I'm in no hurry.
I like the game enough that I bought one of the founder packs.

AshamanMat

Reaction score
I am also playing the open beta, but things have been so busy with work and family I havent been able to log on, but I need too before it goes live

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm playing it a bit right now, and I love the fact that anybody can make their own quests and put them in the actual game. Brilliant idea. I wouldn't say the feel of the game is superior to any other F2P MMO, however; the full voice work in Star Wars - The Old Republic makes the leveling in that game an experience that is second to none, but it's too WoW-like at max level for my tastes, unfortunately.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I forgot about the foundry quests. There are a lot of really great ones...and the stories they put in....some of them are really hilarious. I haven't played every other F2P MMO...I didn't care for The Old Republic, however. The people who are really into these games say TERA is the way to go.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It's all about the EvE Online. I play maybe an hour each week, and have earned enough ISK to maintain ten accounts for the next five years. I was once a WoW player, so many moons ago. Once I discovered EvE, I was hooked. Any game which permits social engineering and guild (corporations in EvE) espionage/infiltration/sabotage/theft as valid game mechanics is pretty awesome in my book.