The Ray Rice problem

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
The Ray Rice problem
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 am
  • ok yeah I was one of those guys who drafted Ray Rice, my running backs are terribly weak, so in a 14 team league I dropped Rice and picked up Dwayne Allen, others available are guys like Quiz Rodgers, Kihry Robinson (sp?) , Johnathan Stewart, Benny Cunningham......should I try and grab another running back or just roll with the best player available as flex or look for a trade?

Wr - Dez Bryant
    Wr - AJ Green
    Qb - Tom Brady
    Rb - Maurice Jones-Drew
    Rb - Darren McFadden
    Rb - CJ Spiller
    D - New England D
    Te - Zac Ertz
    Wr - Justin Hunter
    Wr - Terrance Williams
    TE - Dwayne Allen
    K- Blair Walsh
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Re: The Ray Rice problem
Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 am
  • Guys on waivers you can look for @ RB (Good call on Allen though)

1. Forsett / no Rice, Pierce looked bad, I'd pickup both if you don't have either Rice backup.
    2. A. Bradshaw (Ind) / Richardson lost the starting job to D. Brown last year, could happen again.
    3. West (cle) / Tate is down, has injury history, this is the starter after him.
    4. Carlos Hyde / Yeah Gore is still there but of the timeshare guys out there he looked really good and I usually hate hand-cuffs or committees.

you might also have these guys available:

Mark Ingram - #1 on depth chart
    Shonne Green - #1 on depth chart
    Lamar Miller - #1 on depth chart (currently), plus Moreno has rarely played all 16 games, last season was the first I believe.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:21 pm
  • 12th_Bob wrote:Guys on waivers you can look for @ RB (Good call on Allen though)

1. Forsett / no Rice, Pierce looked bad, I'd pickup both if you don't have either Rice backup.
    2. A. Bradshaw (Ind) / Richardson lost the starting job to D. Brown last year, could happen again.
    3. West (cle) / Tate is down, has injury history, this is the starter after him.
    4. Carlos Hyde / Yeah Gore is still there but of the timeshare guys out there he looked really good and I usually hate hand-cuffs or committees.

you might also have these guys available:

Mark Ingram - #1 on depth chart
    Shonne Green - #1 on depth chart
    Lamar Miller - #1 on depth chart (currently), plus Moreno has rarely played all 16 games, last season was the first I believe.

If he's in a 14 team league I'd think all these guys are long gone. Also, Donald Brown is on the Chargers now.

But that said, if Khiry is somehow available, I'd grab him. They REALLY want him to be the lead back and he has the talent, but it's a pass first offense and Ingram will force him to split carries.

Is Rainey (Bucs) available? He ran well in Martin's absence last year and might impress again
    West (Clev) is probably gone, but Isaiah Crowell should be there, if not for long. He vultured some TDs, might do it again
    Stepfan Taylor (AZ). With Ellington having foot issues, he may be in or out, or forced to share more of the load
    Blount (Pits) is probably gone, but maybe not?
    McCluster (Ten) might be interesting. He gets return yards I think also
    ManBunts
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 pm
  • Khiry Robinson looked damn good. Too bad he's stuck in a 3-way RBBC.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 pm
  • Thanks for the advice, who would you recommend I drop? Or just monitor the situation closely a they say?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm
  • Prolly drop Justin Hunter or one of the TE, I usually just go with one at TE, you have some good WR already, if you like your TE I'd drop McFadden for one of the RB out there.

@ ManButts, yeah I know that's why I recommend Bradshaw.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information