Okay, here is my usual Fantasy pickup blunder

drdiags

Reaction score
I didn't make my league's draft, so I got McGahee. I hate McGahee so I pick up Lindley and also Alfred Morris. I have them sitting on my bench while I am starting Ray Rice and Marshawn. Something comes up with my crap WRs, so I decide to drop Morris figuring Shanahan will just rotate him like usual. This was week 2.

Fast forward. Damn, I am an idiot. If anyone, I should have dropped Lindley since the Patriots are throwing 60 passes a game and they are rotating 3 RBs. Damn it! Did I mention I am an idiot?

Cadillac

Reaction score
Do you mean Ridley? Shanahan will run Morris into the ground, just as he has done with every one of his runningbacks, ever.... It may not happen this year, which I understand is the entire point of fantasy, but don't be surprised if he starts getting banged up and winds up missing a few games here and there.

Ridley, on the other hand, has just had some bad luck with match ups, in my opinion, and when the playoffs roll around, I think you'll be glad you kept him.

With all of that said, if you have Rice and Beastmode, I don't know why your 4th stringer really matters.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
No, I mean Morris. I should have dropped Ridley. Morris as a W/R or RB during a bye week would have helped me immensely. It doesn't matter much, since my WRs and TEs (witten/Gates) were stinking it up early in the season.

I lost twice by 0.5 points with the Bears giving up garbage TDs. Greg Jennings injury and my impatience with Torry Smith isn't helping. That and Vick/Romo suck donkey balls right now.

I am 3-4 looking to be heading down instead of up. And this is only about this year, thus the rant about my usual Fantasy league screw ups.

Just looking for others to share their horror stories but no one seems that interested.

Cadillac

Reaction score
No, I mean, you said "Lindley" twice in your original post...

I don't really have any horror stories this year, because my team is doing surprisingly well.

Last year, I took Chris Johnson and Darren McFadden with my first two picks, and I still ended up winning the league (I had taken Newton in the last round and picked up Tebow like 2 weeks before he got his first start). Everything comes down to in-season management; the draft means bupkis.