Rate my trade

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I just traded Michael Turner for Jason Witten and Mikel Leshoure. Here was my thinking.

I really needed a TE and I feel Witten is at the lowest value he will ever be. He was targeted a ton vs Seattle but uncharacteristically he dropped a ton of passes. If he gets back on track getting him is huge. I wanted Mikel Leshoure because he has the chance to be a supestar coming back from suspension. A really boom or bust acquisition. I also really wanted to trade away Michael Turner because if you look at his yards per carry they're terrible, and hes slow as hell. If the Falcons are smart they will start using him less, and I think they might. He does keep getting carries at the goaline though, which is his only real value.

So I hope my trade becomes a case of buying low and selling high. We shall see

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
i like it, with the falcons superstar WRs/TEs stealing the show and turners regression it could end up paying off

JKent82

Reaction score
I think seeing what Turner is it was worth it. Both are risks, but Witten should be solid if he is healthy.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I like the trade. Who knows if Mikel will be any good, but if TE is a position of need Witten should gain ground on how he's been doing so far. Turner has declined, the coaching staff hasn't used him much, and while he does still pick up some TDs, the Falcons have so many other options that his relative burden in the offense is less.

Veilside

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2oq5i1er said:
I just traded Michael Turner for Jason Witten and Mikel Leshoure. Here was my thinking.

I really needed a TE and I feel Witten is at the lowest value he will ever be. He was targeted a ton vs Seattle but uncharacteristically he dropped a ton of passes. If he gets back on track getting him is huge. I wanted Mikel Leshoure because he has the chance to be a supestar coming back from suspension. A really boom or bust acquisition. I also really wanted to trade away Michael Turner because if you look at his yards per carry they're terrible, and hes slow as hell. If the Falcons are smart they will start using him less, and I think they might. He does keep getting carries at the goaline though, which is his only real value.

So I hope my trade becomes a case of buying low and selling high. We shall see

You fleeced him as long as Leshoure stays healthy and out of trouble. Good trade.

Latest posts