Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: 2 decisions to make in week 2
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran

At flex should I start Michael Turner vs. Denver or Pierre Garcon vs St. Louis? Turner had a really disappointing week 1 game, only getting me 3 points. Garcon got me 16, but he's questionable to even play, although he probably will. Garcon is also a little bit more of a risk, because Turner will get touches, it just depends on if he can improve on his bad ypc of last week, but against a pretty good Broncos D Im not too sure.

At TE should I start Fred Davis vs. St. Louis or Coby Fleener vs. Minnesota? Fred Davis had a really disappointing first week, getting me 3 points, while Coby Fleener got 8 points on my bench. These are 2 instances of backups possibly overtaking my starters in week 1, what do you guys think?

Right now Im starting Michael Turner and Coby Fleener, but that could change, especially based on Pierre Garcons health

Post subject: Re: 2 decisions to make in week 2
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:02 pm 
NET Veteran

I think Fleener is the better play that seems to be Lucks safety valve, Shanahan is a lying RAT, he told me Royster was the #1 Garcon has a history of injuries, Turner can't be that bad 2 weeks in a row can he?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 pm 
* NET Philistine *

For the first couple of weeks, I say go with the higher drafted option. You're guaranteed to get the selection wrong no matter how you pick, but highest drafted option is the safest play until you can get a better feel for who's a week to week stud this year.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm 
NET Starter

I would play Garcon, he scored me 20 pts last week in about 8 minutes of work before getting hurt. He was getting targed by RG III almost every throw.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Ok how about I just tell you guys all my good running backs and Wrs and you guys tell me who I should start.

Please pick 2 rbs, 2 wrs, and a flex running back or Wr

My rbs are:

Marshawn Lynch
Doug Martin
Michael Turner
Mark Ingram (Not very good)

My wrs are:

Julio Jones
Percy Harvin
Pierre Garcon
Justin Blackmon (dint have a good game 1)

Thanks guys

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Marshawn Lynch
Doug Martin

Julio
Percy

Pierre if healthy. Turner if Pierre is a no go/looks limited.

Michael Turner is a fossilized slug. /stolenjoke

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:15 am 
NET Veteran

The fact that Atlanta is moving away from the run to a more pass happy offense should have put off huge red flags for drafting Turner (hope you didn't get him too high). Garcon is a risk because who knows how RG3 is going to look during the season, but he did have real good protection and that is a plus for Garcon to get lots of targets.

I'd go with RB Lynch and Martin, WR Julio and Harvin, Flex Garcon and TE Fleener. I like Fred Davis a lot but Fleener's prior connection with Luck and the fact Fred didn't get many looks last game seals it for me.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]