Madden 13...

muxpux

Reaction score
So we had a Madden release midnight tourney here at Axis and the first impression I have of madden is the picks are ridiculous. Not some fluke in one game, EVERY game seems to be full of picks. Anyone else seeing this?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I also see a lot of picks. But by far the 2 things that are just pissing me off is that fact that you cannot run between the tackles because if you hit one of your own lineman you will crumble to the ground and your o-line does a horrible job blocking. Secondly, what is with all of the receivers dropping so many passes? I mean I threw a bomb to Braylon for a sure touchdown, he initially caught it then took one step and dropped it with no one within 20 yards of him. Running game and Wrs ability to catch the ball need to be fixed.

nategreat

Reaction score
What difficulty are you guys playing on? Seems like a little custom slider calibration would solve this issue......

Blitzer88

Reaction score
nategreat":1asvzs18 said:
What difficulty are you guys playing on? Seems like a little custom slider calibration would solve this issue......

All-pro. Problem is I play ranked games a lot so custom sliders wouldn't help me too much.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Using Denver's playbook with Seattle (RW as the starter), I had no problem running the ball last night and only threw 2 picks in 2 games.

However, I am downright livid that you can't use custom rosters in "Connected Career Mode", even offline. I'm stuck using EA's TERRIBLE roster forever? I mean, these are the same jokers that had Kelly Jennings being 27 years old 3 years straight, and we can't edit the rosters they give us? Bullshit. Especially annoying since I like to create-a-Snohomie but still play both sides of the ball, which I can't do anymore.

This could very well be the last version of Madden I ever buy. I was going to return the game last night but, of course, it's opened.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I was really bummed when my friend and I realized that they took away the ability to create your own team using the draft in franchise mode. Not only that but the mode they used to replace that doesn't allow for two player co-op in offline mode which pretty much killed the whole reason we played the game.

Graphically and gameplay wise the game is an upgrade, it seems as though they have fixed the terrible tackling angle redirects that 11 did.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I do not like the way they set up franchise mode. I'm glad they fixed the my player type mode, final-freakingly. I dunno about it yet, I need to get the coach mode off the ground, but you can't do the drafts no more in franchise? is that what I read?

I'm not having a problem with picks seeing as I roll out like every single play and if someone isn't open I run (I suck at online play, but if any of you want it just tell me)

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm glad they fixed the my player type mode, final-freakingly.

It's fine... if you want to play QB or RB. Maybe D-Line. No player lock camera makes playing most other positions difficult at best, pointless at worst. Tried to make a WR, find myself stuck in standard camera expected to run crisp off-screen routes. What the hell?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Can anyone review the draft scouting system in offline connected careers? Last year the draft in franchise mode was a complete farce - you select a handful of player to 'scout' and during the season you find out stats for kicking field goals and punting... even if you're scouting a QB! It made the draft a total crapshoot but for the 5 players you could 'unlock' at the pro-day stage.

Has this new system improved things? I know you're spending points on revealing certain starts but does this work? I'm suspicious because I suspect there won't be enough points to truly get an angle on more than 5-6 players again... making the draft - once more - a crap shoot. I only play Madden for franchise mode to build a roster via the draft.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Throwdown":ffsp374j said:
I do not like the way they set up franchise mode. I'm glad they fixed the my player type mode, final-freakingly. I dunno about it yet, I need to get the coach mode off the ground, but you can't do the drafts no more in franchise? is that what I read?

Same. Some of my best Madden memories are with my old roommate, playing safeties for the Browns a couple years back. We'd hold them to 7 points on O, score a D touchdown, and still lose. 21-7. So frustrating but so much fun. Now we can't do that. I wish they'd have kept basic franchise mode instead of replacing it with CCM - will be cool in a couple years from now, but I paid money for this year.

Snohomie

Reaction score
jhawk91":1gqpf107 said:
So I'm still deciding on getting this or not, is it worth it or better to wait til next years?

Depends. If you don't play franchise mode, the gameplay is improved IMO.

If you play franchise mode a lot, create players, used the "Superstar" mode in last year's madden and liked it, etc... then this version sucks.

BTW, I will sell mine to you if interested. PM if you want.

Snohomie

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":gf6qcmsv said:
Can anyone review the draft scouting system in offline connected careers? Last year the draft in franchise mode was a complete farce - you select a handful of player to 'scout' and during the season you find out stats for kicking field goals and punting... even if you're scouting a QB! It made the draft a total crapshoot but for the 5 players you could 'unlock' at the pro-day stage.

Has this new system improved things? I know you're spending points on revealing certain starts but does this work? I'm suspicious because I suspect there won't be enough points to truly get an angle on more than 5-6 players again... making the draft - once more - a crap shoot. I only play Madden for franchise mode to build a roster via the draft.

It seems better at first glance. Haven't drafted anyone yet.

You get a certain number of points. You use those points to unlock the ratings for a particular attribute like Speed, Intangibles, Catch In Traffic, etc. So you pick what you unlock. It seems a lot better IMO.

Plus, you get "XP" you can use to buy upgrades. Not sure this won't be overpowered as the seasons go along, but it's kinda cool right now.

jhawk91

Reaction score
That sucks since all I ever really do is play franchise mode but not really create players or anything

Throwdown

Reaction score
Is anyone else mad that they cant fix players numbers and their equipment?

I drafted a Tight end and he's rocking #80, its damn disgusting

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":gr8u7bts said:
Is anyone else mad that they cant fix players numbers and their equipment?

I drafted a Tight end and he's rocking #80, its damn disgusting

Man that would bug the heck out of me lol. Last year in Madden 12, if a player I drafted or traded for was using a retired number I would instantly change it,

Throwdown

Reaction score
it bothers me!

And btw what kind of receiver doesn't wear gloves? I got a receiver wearing rubber elbow pads and no gloves, this is STUPID!