Who to start week one?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Who to start week one?
Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm
  • Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
    RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Re: Who to start week one?
Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm
  • That's a tough one beings Steelers were the 2nd best team against QB's last season. I just don't think you can start RW over Manning before seeing how he does in a regular game yet. Starting RW is a huge gamble but could pay off big also. I'd probably have to go with the vet for week 1 and see how they both do, especially if your weak anywhere else and QB pts are really important to you winning this week.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am
  • Good call..pretty much what I was thinking too. Heres to Manning!
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am
  • I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
    Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.
    Nice issue to have. I think I drafted very well for QB this year. :)
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.
    Cutler seems to have a much better match up and I feel this could be a break out year for him getting Marshall back to throw to.

Weird..I have those same 2 QBs and the same quandry. I think Im going to go with Rogers though...
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:15 am
  • My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm
  • 12thMode wrote:Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
    RW away vs AZ

I am leaning towards Manning, but at the same time Wilson might break out, but I guess a lot of that depends if Lynch plays or not.

Thoughts?

Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.

Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm
  • the only team that i won with this week was the one i had wilson starting.... damn u matt stafford and micheal vick!
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:39 pm
  • JKent82 wrote:
    12thMode wrote:Ok, So I picked up Payton Manning in the 5th round and then was able to pick up R. Wilson in the later rounds. Who should I start week one?

P Manning at home vs PIT
    RW away vs AZ

Thoughts?

Peyton at home. Pittsburgh D is still overrated in my opinion and they are without Ryan Clark due to the sickle cell. That'd be the safe thing anyways. But Russell probably has more upside with the chance he goes for a few long runs.

Seahwkgal wrote:I am debating whether to play Aaron Rogers vs SF or stick in Jay Cutler vs Ind.

Aaron. Even though it is SF, he should play all the way through the game. Chicago will probably jump to a quick lead and quit throwing. And it's Aaron Rodgers haha.

SeatownJay wrote:My week one quandry is who to start as my flex player, Pierre Garcon or Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Garcon! Shootout in New Orleans! Even if RGIII is a rook, I'd take him over DHB. Both so inconsistent it's tough to say what'll actually happen. I'm starting Garcon in one league though.

Woo batting 1.000!
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information