Madden 13 is Gonna Be Sweeeeeet!

nategreat

Reaction score
I'm not usually that high on Madden when it comes out. It's usually small changes and a roster update. But I'm excited for it for the first time in years. I think a lot of it has to do with the new development team that has been working on the game. There are some big changes, and I think it's going to be great.

A couple changes:

Brand new "Infinity" real-time physics engine. No tackle is the same.

A great read on "Infinity."
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/infinity-engine-developer-blog

[youtube]c68wVNT5RDA[/youtube]
[youtube]dQ9Kpmd60qQ[/youtube]

Also, there is a new "Connected Careers" mode. No more franchise mode, offline or online. No more Superstar mode. All of these, as well as a coach mode, are incorporated to the new all-encompassing mode. Choose a team, be a player, be a coach- you name it- and play with up to 32 other players online, or choose to play offline. And change paths at any point during the 30 year franchise, if you so choose. An all-new RPG-like aspect of the game is incorporated throughout this mode.

This is a great read on "Connected Careers."
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-careers-developer-blog

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So advanced, they can't make it work on a PC, a.k.a. more advanced hardware than consoles.

(Yes, I'm still bitter about Electronic Arts cancelling Madden for Windows a few years ago.)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The game looks really cool, but our new uniforms look TRULY AMAZING!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I hate the fact that they took out the ability to audible to a slant pattern towards the sideline, I mean I know that it is not typically run in real life, but man it played a vital role in my offensive game. Hopefully they will be able to make it up to me it other aspects of the game. Though I do believe that this will be the best madden to date.

AxisSports

Reaction score
Anyone think they got what it takes to win it all in a big Madden Tournament?

Well lets see! We're going to host an all night (midnight release party) of Madden 13 at Axis Sports Bar in Longview. Entry is $20.00 which will get you any 10$ meal, all the soda, juice, water, whatever you can drink, and the chance to win some cool stuff.. ie. jerseys, shirts, etc. Anyone interested?

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
AxisSports":3ixnfjyv said:
Anyone think they got what it takes to win it all in a big Madden Tournament?

Well lets see! We're going to host an all night (midnight release party) of Madden 13 at Axis Sports Bar in Longview. Entry is $20.00 which will get you any 10$ meal, all the soda, juice, water, whatever you can drink, and the chance to win some cool stuff.. ie. jerseys, shirts, etc. Anyone interested?

man... I wish I lived closer :(

Lithium

Reaction score
from everything ive seen, Im not to excited

-no editing players name, number, equipment, anything.
-cant have a multi-player (On same console) season or franchise or connected career whatever you want to call it.
-commentating is still pretty bad, long moments of silence, very unappealing
-gameplay animations look horrific IMO, very un-natural, jerky, feet sliding.
-player models, especially QB's are just completely wrong. the pads and jerseys dont look right at all. just look at the video's with the intro thing they added.
-matt flynn still has a genaric face. very bothersome when every other nobody player looks like they actually do.
-coaches dont look like human beings more like chimps

I dont just complain about everything i am excited for..

+depth of connected careers, and the new EXP system
+new defensive interactions (CB's looking at the ball, not psychic)
+Seattle uni's
+new overlays and score graphics

but overall, I will buy it because its new lol, but not to excited

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30h8ku6m said:
So advanced, they can't make it work on a PC, a.k.a. more advanced hardware than consoles.

(Yes, I'm still bitter about Electronic Arts cancelling Madden for Windows a few years ago.)

I would be with you on this, but consoles destroyed the market for PC games years ago. A Madden game for PC would just be a console port like everything else.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smokin', that's like saying the McDonald's cheeseburger destroyed the market for Red Robin burgers. Hardly, just because McDonald's sells way more of them, it doesn't mean it's not inferior crap in most ways. :p Companies going cheap on development is the biggest reason the Windows gaming market has taken a hit in many ways. That being said, World of Warcraft has made more money than the entire Call of Duty franchise. I guess I might call it the Hollywood effect, spend a lot of money on a handful of films likely to hit it big, and throw money at random crap to get an unexpected hit once in a while?

Meh. That being said, I'd still take a mediocre console port as long as I can PLAY the damn thing.