The Return of the FFL Whining!

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: The Return of the FFL Whining!
Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 pm
  • Ok..I will admit my humiliation. I actually have 5 teams. I only count 4 because the 5th one I missed the draft for because I was on an airplane unexpectedly. Anyway.. through 2 weeks the only victory I have is on the team I didnt do the drafting for, it was autodrafted. I suck big time this year!! Yeah!
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 pm
  • Gee Gore, you think you could maybe play through a sprained effin' ankle?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:45 am
  • HA! I have sucked all season..but today won all my games somehow. Bizarre.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:02 am
  • I've been the complete opposite Vet, I hadn't lost until this week.. and this week rolls around I lose them all.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 am
  • I hate you Romo, I hate you Gore, I hate you Eddie Royal, I hate you Lance Moore, and most of all, I hate that people who drafted 2 kickers and 2 defenses are doing better than I am.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 am
  • I got suckered in by the "Eddie Royal is going to be Wes Welker" hype as well...but I cut my losses EARLY..after week 1.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm
  • Vetamur wrote:I got suckered in by the "Eddie Royal is going to be Wes Welker" hype as well...but I cut my losses EARLY..after week 1.

I got suckered in by the "Wes Welker is going to be Wes Welker" hype.

He had an okay Week 1, but gimped up his knee and missed the last 2 games. And of course getting injury information out of Belichick is like getting nookie out of a nun so it's a game time decision each week. They amputated his leg below the knee two weeks ago for all I know.
    Walla Walla Sweet
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:00 am
  • Ah. I got that one too! I didnt think he would miss week 2 and still had him starting.. only to have him be a last minute scratch. oops.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:58 am
  • My drafting went well. After all, my starting line up this week is now:

Romo, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Ray Rice, Glen Coffee, Leon Washington, V. Shiancoe, L Tynes and the SF defense. Winners, all.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:11 am
  • OK, I am putting McFadden on notice this week. If he doesn't get about 120 yards and a TD against easily the worst run defense in the league, I am dropping his sorry ass
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:08 am
  • Boy, I dodged a bullet this week. In one league I'm in I made the brilliant decision to bench David Garrard and start Mark Sanchez. Luckily I still ended up winning by 1 point but it damn near cost me a victory.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 am
  • Romo and McFadden cost me a victory, since I decided to pick up the 49ers defense this week. But between the 2 of those shmucks, I got 2 points, so I ended up losing my game by about 25.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:56 pm
  • I'd like to complain about Chris Johnson doing squat this week, Portis finally going off after I benched him, White deciding to go off on the week I play my brother or what have you, but really I'm gonna complain about my dumbass. Why on God's green earth did I play Leon Washington over Clinton Portis OR MENDENHALL!? I can understand Johnson having a bad game, and realistically I should have checked that before I left saturday night. I'm just more pissed that I retardedly left both Portis and Mendenhall on the bench instead of taking Washington out. I lost by 2...
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:59 am
  • Thanks for getting hurt during an offensive explosion, Sammy Morris.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 am
  • Good Lord, I hate the Patriots. My team scores 137 points, third most in the league. Unfortunately my opponent has Tom Brady and Wes Welker. I lost by 31 points.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 pm
  • Im whining again..this time about injuries. They will need to rename the Madden Curse the Veta Mur Curse..if youre drafted by me, youre doomed......
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 am
  • Vetamur wrote:Im whining again..this time about injuries. They will need to rename the Madden Curse the Veta Mur Curse..if youre drafted by me, youre doomed......

Seconded. I drafted Frank Gore, he got hurt, drafted Calvin johnson, he got hurt, drafted Lance Moore, he got hurt. Ugh
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Vetamur wrote:Im whining again..this time about injuries. They will need to rename the Madden Curse the Veta Mur Curse..if youre drafted by me, youre doomed......

Seconded. I drafted Frank Gore, he got hurt, drafted Calvin johnson, he got hurt, drafted Lance Moore, he got hurt. Ugh

Lance Moore and Calvin Johnson will end up being worth it when it counts--the last few weeks of the season.
    Thunderbird
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:57 am
  • Thunderbird wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Vetamur wrote:Im whining again..this time about injuries. They will need to rename the Madden Curse the Veta Mur Curse..if youre drafted by me, youre doomed......

Lance Moore and Calvin Johnson will end up being worth it when it counts--the last few weeks of the season.

Need to get there first, though. Have been losing games left and right lately because I've been starting players like Sammy Morris and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm
  • Good god, I really am one with the Seahawks curse. I started Leon Washington today (because of byes) and he broke his fibula in the first quarter....what the hell?
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 am
  • I started him today as well...oops. Luckily I had SFs TE and he got me 30+ points!
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 pm
  • Unbelievable... i was up by .06 before Mcnabb kneeled it 3 times to end the game... I lost by .37 points. Such bull
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 am
  • wow..that would suck.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 am
  • I'm 2nd in the league in scoring but I'm in 8th's place I've had 3 weeks where I've scored 100+ points and lost to guys that have the high score for the week.

Even the guy that was in last place with the least amount of points score out scored me by 20 when I was 125+...
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:52 am
  • The coolest thing about this thread is seeing that Im not alone in my gripes.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:09 am
  • Vetamur wrote:The coolest thing about this thread is seeing that Im not alone in my gripes.

Isn't that the reason to play FF? To grouse about how unfair it all is? :lol:
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:04 am
  • Yeah, I cost myself a win this week in my money league. I went out of town and forgot to adjust my roster before leaving Saturday morning. Braylon Edwards remained in my starting lineup while newly acquired Miles Austin sat on my bench, unused.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:37 am
  • Braylon has been so disappointing so far :(
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 am
  • I would just like to offer a healthy FU to MJD. I ended up losing by 3 points this week because he took a knee instead of scoring.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:04 pm
  • Excuse me as I wallow in self pity here. Damn, Austin and you other jerk holes!!

Scored 126 pts, but had 142 on the bench. Greg Jennings finally decides to do something, and Jamaal Charles? WTF. So my comp has 126 but Forte and a couple others playing. Waaaa!!! Waaaa!!!

Sniff ... okay, I am done. Hey, have a good week guys and girls. Everything is just peachy so far.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:19 pm
  • I've continued my impressive streak of picking up players liable to get hurt. This week's schlub: Ladell Betts.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Next

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information