FF advice regarding Lynch.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Funny comment from a Fantasy Football (supposed expert)....
Per DraftSharks.com:

Seahawks RG John Moffit went down last weekend with a season-ending knee injury. On Wednesday, RT James Carpenter tore his ACL during practice. The losses obviously aren't good news for the continuity of an offensive line that had paved the way for 2-straight 100-yard rushing days for RB Marshawn Lynch. But we should also point out that Pro Football Focus rates Moffit and Carpenter as Seattle's 2 worst run-blockers. It'll be a situation to monitor, but we're not expecting Lynch to be impacted much. He remains a quality fantasy option against the Rams this Sunday.

So why were our worst two run blockers starting? lol. I am benching Lynch(on my ff team) and worried for the offense as a fan. Who are the replacements?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The level of line play should not decrease that much. Lynch is still a solid flex option, with RB2 upside vs the Rams bottom 5 run D.

I think benching him this week takes more balls than playing him. You are really hedging your bets against good odds.

nanomoz

Reaction score
My options are Shonn Greene, Michael Bush, Marshawn, and Blount.

Marshawn will definitely be in the lineup as RB2 or Flex.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yeah, my RB2 position is weak with my other options are not much better. Helu, The Cleveland RB whose name I can't pronounce. Mendenhall on a Bye. This sucks. I haven't officially benched him yet. Sigh. As a Hawk fan first and a fantasy manager 2nd.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2xbpafqh said:
Yeah, my RB2 position is weak with my other options are not much better. Helu, The Cleveland RB whose name I can't pronounce. Mendenhall on a Bye. This sucks. I haven't officially benched him yet. Sigh. As a Hawk fan first and a fantasy manager 2nd.

Oh wow, out of those options he will likely be your RB1. Tough week :/

HawkFan72

Reaction score
You have to start Marshawn against the Rams. They are the worst run D in the league, so he should still put up 80+ yards and a TD.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":b17sgo3l said:
Funny comment from a Fantasy Football (supposed expert)....
Per DraftSharks.com:

Seahawks RG John Moffit went down last weekend with a season-ending knee injury. On Wednesday, RT James Carpenter tore his ACL during practice. The losses obviously aren't good news for the continuity of an offensive line that had paved the way for 2-straight 100-yard rushing days for RB Marshawn Lynch. But we should also point out that Pro Football Focus rates Moffit and Carpenter as Seattle's 2 worst run-blockers. It'll be a situation to monitor, but we're not expecting Lynch to be impacted much. He remains a quality fantasy option against the Rams this Sunday.

So why were our worst two run blockers starting? lol. I am benching Lynch(on my ff team) and worried for the offense as a fan. Who are the replacements?

Probably meant worst 2 of the starting 5.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I have no problem playing Marshawn in my starting lineup. I think Marshawn would have rushed for over 130 yards if Moffit and Carpenter could play. Even with these unfair injuries I still see Lynch rushing over 100 yards for the 3rd straight week plus 45 yards receiving and 2 TD's. FACT: the Rams rush Defense is the WORST IN THE LEAGUE, 32nd overall allowing 150.6 rushing yards per game!!! Shit, I would start just about any RB in the league against the Rams... but were not taking about just any-old RB here, We are talking about the dude himself, AKA Beast Mode, AKA team on my back, Mr. Marshawn Lynch! There should be absolutely no question.

Im not sure how your leagues are setup, but in all 3 of mine there is no difference between RB1, RB2 or R/WR points wise. I use NFL.com fantasy for 2, and Yahoo for the other.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Start Lynch, absolutely. If my RB group wasn't Michael Turner, Matt Forte and Reggie Bush (and if Lynch was still available on waivers - which he was until about a week ago) I'd have picked him up for this game.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2h0t8vv2 said:
Start Lynch, absolutely. If my RB group wasn't Michael Turner, Matt Forte and Reggie Bush (and if Lynch was still available on waivers - which he was until about a week ago) I'd have picked him up for this game.

RB's on my 3 Teams

1. Lynch & Turner

2. Lynch, Tolbert, Bradshaw, McFadden

3. MJD, AP & McGahee

Veilside

Reaction score
If I had Lynch I would start him against the rams over Chris Johnson against the falcons. I already tried to trade for him once when the guy was keeping him on the bench all season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I think that PFF report about Moffitt and Carpenter being our worst run-blockers (I understand they meant of the starting 5), is BS. Carpenter and Moffit often blew their man off the line in run situations. That being said, I have Marshawn and I am still starting him, for the reasons mentioned above..... the Rams suck at Run defense, I think McQ and Breno will be ok if not good at it this week.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ps7pxss said:
Seahwkgal":3ps7pxss said:

Oh wow, out of those options he will likely be your RB1. Tough week :/
Well, those are my options for RB2. My RB1 is Forte. I never bench him cept for the bye. We have to play two. I think I will roll with Lynch...GO HAWKS!!!!

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm starting the Hawks DEF over the Ravens this week...we're gonna punch the Rams in the naughty bits. Predicting at least one Defensive score.

Mase

Reaction score
-- My three backs available are Steven Jackson, Turner and Gore. With Gore hurting and Jackson obviously isn't going to do anything this weekend, whatever should I do. I need to start at least two.

Mase

JesterHawk

Reaction score
If it's PPR you might still get some production from Jackson. It depends on your scoring, but you might get something from him. Any waiver wire options?

P.S. Is Les napping? How has this stayed here so long?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JesterHawk":ayskwu5z said:
I'm starting the Hawks DEF over the Ravens this week...we're gonna punch the Rams in the naughty bits. Predicting at least one Defensive score.

As an annual Ravens defense owner, I can't ever see benching them. Sure, once in a while they stink, but damn... to me it would be a huge gamble.

As far as lynch goes? I own him in that same league in a ppr league, he was my top scorer last week ahead of demarco Murray, mendenhall and Tom Brady, the week before he was only second to Murray and only by a couple points.

tapatalk? what in the hell is tapatalk?

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Well, it got moved. I originally posted it because of my concern for THE TEAM'S offensive line issues and how it will affect Lynch. Of course, I did use a comment from a FF site. Then it went away from the focal point. Sigh.

Latest posts