waiver wire QB

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ok..most years about the only thing Im good at in fantasy football is find serviceable QBs either real late in the draft or on the waiver wire. This year I missed my draft in one of my leagues because of a late airplane and I ended up with a Brees (good) and McNabb (long since cut) as my bench QB. Brees is his bye this week. Ive got nothing to choose from..

TJack.. sometimes good for yards, the Seahawks are no good in the red zone though.. Tjack has just 6 tds on the season.

Grossman.. ?? He sucks..but he is against Dallas this week and he plays them well somehow.

Dalton..not bad..but he plays the Ravens this week.

Im actually considering Skelton this week..he hasnt been playing horribly and will have to throw against the 49ers.

Ponder and the Vikings are playing a poor pass defensve in Oakland.

I dont know who to pick up...no good choices at all. Any recommendations or insight Im not seeing_?

Dietrich

Reaction score
Your options certainly aren't great. If it was me, I'd pick up Ponder. I went through your same dilemma and went with him and it worked out fairly well. He netted me 20 points that week! I think Dalton is the best QB here but as far as matchups go, I think Ponder is your best bet.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
I may as well be throwing at a dart board, right? I will probably go with Ponder.. Ive just got this "feeling" about Skelton though. He is getting one more start to convince the Cards to keep him in at QB even after Kolb is healed up.

Dietrich

Reaction score
Skelton wouldn't be a bad decision at all. He has a knack for finding Fitzgerald, which is never a bad thing.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Yeah...so I went with Skelton...he got me MINUS 3 points. Oops. haha

Dietrich

Reaction score
Ha, it happens to the best of us! Just remember you've got Brees for the rest of the season.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
At least you have Brees. Guess who my 2 QB's were? Thats right. Cutler and Schaub. I am rolling with T-Jax right now. I am hoping someone gets desperate a has to drop a QB, as I am sitting in the #1 waiver position. Oh yeah I lost AP for awhile as well. Thank God I already clinched the playoffs

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ouch.. yeah, you're screwed at QB.

I have AP as well..hope that high ankle sprain gets better quick.