Skyrim character builds

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They've made it rather basic compared to previous Elder Scrolls games, right now I'm a wood elf archer with +20% damage to it, but I've really just started playing; like an hour in.

TravTex

Reaction score
Having a blast with my Breton. I've gone at it pretty organically, just trying things out and focusing on whatever's most fun/useful/compatable with how I'm playing the game. Sitting at around Lv15, now. Highest skills are Conjuration/Restoration/One-Hand/Enchantment/Alchemy with some Archery thrown in.

Most of my perks are in Conjuration, which has led directly to my quick leveling in Enchantment. One of the perks automatically casts soul trap on anything killed with a bound weapon. Charge in with a conjured blade in one hand, a ward in the other. Also fun; Dual-wielding bound blades.

Edit Add: For Monty Python amusement value, stealth archery is great. At one point, I saw a dude with an arrow sticking out of the side of his head, like, "Did you hear something?"

(Funny Skyrim Moment that Reminds me of: Big cluster of a fight, I'm finally taken out by an archer after a nearby mage set me on fire. Show death scene of my lazily sliding down the side of a mountain, on fire, with an arrow sticking RIGHT out of my ass.)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I went for the Imperial because they find extra gold in containers (and so far I have found that to be true...very easy to find lots of coins everywhere).

Heavy armor, Skyward Steel sword, heavy on destruction magic, with a little archery once in a while.

That's it so far. Level 14 right now.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am just some nord dude. The giants kicked my ass right away! Had to run away from them. Not sure how magical my characters potential has but I am going to explore that this evening when I play.

Nobody cares about my tapatalk.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, giants will smash your face. Trolls are pretty nasty, too. And those sabretooth cat looking things. Also got mauled by ice wraiths a few times.

I restarted now that I have an idea how everything works, trying to vaguely recreate the old Withhunter kits -- Stealth/Archery/Conjuration. Spells can be kind of a pain to mix with stealth (Loud and flashy), so throwing in some Alchemy and getting poison-happy. Add that to the Breton magical resistance and hoping to be pretty nasty for opposing mages to deal with.

So far my technique of running away sobbing is wickedly effective.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Dont go attacking the Woolly Mammoths when you are a new character. They just kicked my ass and ran my horse off.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I just created a new guy (holy crap, you don't *have* to go with Rolof. Didn't know that). I have a Sneaky Archer and a pure destruction mage, so this guy will probably be melee... but I can't decide what else to include for his build. Rocking the Greatsword right now, and light armor, but I might go to heavy armor since I don't see this guy sulking around a whole lot. I think I need some sort of range to bring down a dragon, but I'm torn between archery and magic, since I have chars who do both already.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Dark elf here, just started playing. Man is this game amazing so far! Beats the hell out of Oblivion already!

It burns when I tapatalk...

TravTex

Reaction score
My weird thought of the day: Hope they don't fix that Giant glitch. It's freakin' hilarious.

"Attack that giant, brave companion!"
"YAAAAaaaaaaaaa.a.a...... ... ... ... ... ... ..a.a.a.aaaaaaAAAAAAA*whump*"

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I playing an Imperial. He only wields one handed maces laced with poisons and uses restoration spells in the other. Wears light armor. Makes all of his own weapons and armor. He dabbles in enchanting. Is addicted to home brews that makes him feel better and stronger.

Other than that he loves ground hog day. He will relive a violent death multiple times before getting the picture.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Trav I had an encouter with a flying death monster that set my character and his horse on fire as we fell off a ledge. It is quite funny to see him get squished by the horse.

TravTex

Reaction score
*lol* Poisoned mace. (Yeah, I know it works in-game, but the concept is funny as hell to me.)

"Hey, Grognak, what you do?"
"Poison weapon. Kill faster."
"But... is club."
*blank stare*

OP
OP
J

JimmyB3

Reaction score
Once I realized that you are not always detected when firing your bow while sneaking......sneak, archery, and whatever else.. :D

TravTex

Reaction score
JimmyB3":1cf5zy3s said:
Once I realized that you are not always detected when firing your bow while sneaking......sneak, archery, and whatever else.. :D

Another nifty trick is clanging an arrow off the wall. They'll go investigate the noise, not magically ferret out where it came from.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
TravTex":mjxys6za said:
JimmyB3":mjxys6za said:

Another nifty trick is clanging an arrow off the wall. They'll go investigate the noise, not magically ferret out where it came from.

If only some other game, maybe a game by Eidos like a decade or more ago, had thought of that before now!

On topic though...you guys are nerds. ;)

...and I wish I had time to play it.

P.S. It was "Thief 2".

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I just want to take this moment to say I hate you all. As a new father, my gaming time is nonexistent. Oh, the pain!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nice timing, Matt; this is the best 7-month game release window in the history of gaming, from Battlefield 3 to Mass Effect 3, with the "meat" in between the buns consisting of Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'm probably missing another very good game in there somewhere, too.

AshamanMat

Reaction score
Man I cant wait to play this!!! I know if I got it now it would be installed and I would play it maybe 30 minutes a week, Im going to wait till Jan/Feb till it comes on sale for Game of the Year and when the wife heads out for 6-8 weeks to visit family, but yeah, Im going to have to take time off work, many of you will have finished it, but thats ok :)