Battlefield 3

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: Battlefield 3
Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am
  • NOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!! Use a PS3 controller (just need to have a Bluetooth module on your computer) if you need it that much. Though, you won't get the console auto-aim if you do that, lol; meaning, you'd probably get smoked against PC players with a mouse and not enjoy it as much.

64-player battles feel more like war.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am
  • Yeah, using a controller on a PC would be dumb.

Maybe I just need console auto-aim. I did well in BC2 and MW2 on PS3, but I was atrocious at PC games like CS, MoH, Battlefield 1942, etc. I don't know if I improved because I am older and smarter, or because I moved to PS3. *shrug* Independent of my lack of PC skillz, I just feel more immersed on PS3, maybe it's the vibrating controller or something.
    Last edited by Snohomie on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 am
  • *Off-topic*

@Roland you ever run into Comcast's bandwidth cap?
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am
  • Yes. I hate it. Dude, I had to download the SWTOR client twice in one month last month. 27GB twice, and that's over a quarter of my monthly allotment. Screw Comcast. Tonight I'll be using Comcast, but then tomorrow, I'll be on unlimited data transfer 35/35 Fios. :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Frankly, it depends on what I'm doing. A couple months ago, I watched the first 4 seasons of 24 in one month on Netflix. Their max quality setting uses 2.7 gigabytes per hour. Multiply that times a few seasons of 24.....lol. 43 minutes per episode, so that's like 17 hours of viewing per season. 46GB per season, boom the vast majority of my cap's gone and I haven't even gone to a website.

Netflix also wants to increase their streaming quality, too. I despise Comcast and their stupid anti-competitive data transfer cap, and crappier service. I had 20 megabits down, 6 megabits up through Comcast for $42/month with no data cap four years ago. The service I've had to have through them the past 18 months is 16 megabits down, 2 megabits up (up to 4 'burst') with a 250GB monthly data cap for $46/month.

Technology gets better and cheaper, they lower their service more, and increase rates. **** Comcast, right in the ***.

(I'm a little peeved about them, just in case you didn't pick up on the 62 hints I dropped, luls.)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am
  • I know you hate government meddling, Roland, but somebody needs to legislate against that. Especially since Comcast is given a monopoly or near monopoly on high-speed internet in many areas.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:14 pm
  • I'm not universally against government meddling, I just think a lot of the meddling they do currently is worthless, and there are many other areas that could use more of it. Fair internet access both with wireless carriers and traditional/regular ISPs would be a GREAT thing for them to get into. Be like most of western Europe....100 megabit up/down fiber, no data xfer cap, for like $50-$70/month? Yes, please.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:04 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I haven't played it yet because Comcast screwed me when I moved last weekend. They're coming this afternoon to fix my internet, (one day before I get 35 megabit up/down Fios internet, haha) so I'll start playing tonight; but I played the beta, and while it was buggy, it was hella fun.

@Throwdown: No. This is a PC game. Go away.

;)

weak sauce, son!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:weak sauce, son!

Go play with your console auto-aim and leave the pros to discuss this technological terror DICE has constructed. :devil:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:15 pm
  • Oh I will cuz I know I suck without it, its not fun if you suck now is it?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 pm
  • Roland, what is your origin id? Mine is Spounge1984.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 am
  • I started playing Monday night at 11pm (PC version, its the only way to play a FPS), and played till 8am when I had to go to work, time went by so fast but it was hella fun! The graphics are amazing! I tried playing a Co-Op, it was fun for the one I did but MP is where its at, so much fun! Someone said a 64 player map feels like an all out war, I cant echo this enough, its massive!
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am
  • I had a blast last night, but good Lord, there needs to be some sort of spawn protection. In BC2, you're invulnerable for like 2 seconds, which allows you to start moving to try and avoid being instantly killed the instant you spawn; but in BF3, no such protection exists. That is rather annoying, lol; at least, for conquest and deathmatch modes.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 am
  • Wow. So, this game was performing like ass for me (FPS in the 40s even with everything set to low, and I'm running a Radeon 5870 video card) and I was looking around last night on the web, and found out that there is a "preview 2" 11.10 AMD Catalyst driver available. I was running the regular 11.10 preview (i.e., beta) driver, which most Google search results said was the latest one and "optimized for BF3".

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... verV2.aspx

Installing that second updated one more than doubled my frame rate in some cases. Incredible difference. If you own an ATI/AMD video card, and you're playing BF3 for PC, install that post-haste.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:00 pm
  • thanks for the update Ill download it tonight :)
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 pm
  • Playing it on 360 via my XIM... the wonderful mouse-keyboard, and I don't have to completely build a new comp! liking this game a lot
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:26 am
  • "Back to Karkland" expansion has been released. Have read the maps are insanely awesome.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 am
  • Ive only played Wake Island and Karkand, but I had so much fun getting in a tank rolling through the streets of Karkand and putting holes in EVERY building I saw!

I dont think I found a building I couldnt distroy though I am sure there are some but it was so much fun blowing stuff up :)

Wake island reminded me of my old BF1942 days and was always a favorite
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:49 am
  • I think BFBC2 is a more enjoyable game. I still have a blast with it. Discovered the awesome twitch play of squad deathmatch. Run around with C4 and a shotgun. Fun stuff.
    acer1240
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:57 pm
  • Anyone still play BF3? My desktop finally came in that can handle it so I've been tempted to buy the premium pack since it's only $50. Incredibly bored with MW3 on xbox and I don't know if I will be getting BOPS 2. Haven't played a PC shooter online since Return To Castle Wolfenstein....lol so it'll be an adjustment.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 pm
  • I play it still. Been busy lately so I haven't played it as often as I wanted, but hopefully in a couple of weeks I can start playing regularly again.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information