Madden 12 PS3 Community

Snohomie

Reaction score
I figure if the 360 losers have their thread, we ought to have one for the cool kids (and Trav) to talk Madden football.

I can start a community, and probably will today or tomorrow, but is there interest in starting an Online Franchise? I can try my hand at running it, but I just started a job so if someone else wants to take that job I'm more than happy to give it up. I was thinking maybe every Sunday night the season is advanced a week, but we encourage people to play their games early in the week so we can keep it moving quickly?

Also, the Eagles are ridiculously good in this game, so I'd recommend we save them for someone who is pretty new or we just say that'll be a CPU team. Too easy for me.

Anyways, if you're interested include your PSN name or add me. I'm SnoDimes.

TravTex

Reaction score
You have my info, though I don't actually have the game. (That might be a 'yet'... I'm still gun shy about Madden.)

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Okay I created the community and sent invited. Password is carroll. Haven't created the franchise league yet, still playing around with it and I want others to get the chance to get in on it. Feel free to call "dibs" on a team.

TravTex

Reaction score
So, what's the progress? I'm still dancing around in 'Should/Shouldn't' on Madden '12.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I think you'd like this year's Madden, Trav. I haven't tested progressions in franchise mode, but having player tendencies is a great addition. I've noticed a difference between Cutler and Matt Ryan, whereas before the only difference was arm strength and mobility. Bigger running backs are also far better because they now fight for yards (I took Lynch to a 1300 yard season with only 250 carries... I'd have traded Lynch in previous years because he's not anyone's idea of fast). It's been a lot of fun so far.

I'd like to give others the chance to sign up for online franchise (once I figure out what I'm doing), I'm going to change my sig to see if we can get everyone to join. I'll set it up Friday afternoon if possible. I'm moving this weekend so things might get hectic, but I'd love to get the ball rolling.

TravTex

Reaction score
Aside: In my Franchise, I traded Jennings and a 4th for Ryan Mallett. Suck it.

Madden Travhawks 1-2 in preseason. At least we beat the crap out of the Vikings, thanks to the defense. First two offensive plays of the game for the Vikings resulted in 14 points as Thurmond and Hill pick-6'd McNabb. Donovan ended his one half of football with four or five interceptions.

My favorite feature so far -- Consistency. Take Marshawn Lynch. Game 1, the starters only played a quarter, and Lynch got all of 5 carries for 0 yards. Next game, he gets 8 for 85, with a 40-yard TD scamper. It's frustrating as hell in a realistic way, which I appreciate so far.

The Travhawks' secondary is brutal. After trading Jennings (With his 'Underachiever' trait) and a draft pick to the Pats for Mallett, I scoured the trade block and found the stocked-and-shopping Eagles. Worked a trade for Rodgers-Cromartie with Hawthorne and a 2013 3rd rounder. Trufant, R-C, Thomas, Bigsby... People are having problems passing against us so far. Big hole at MLB, though. Mallett is handily winning the open 3-way QB competition.

Issue: No create-a-coach on Franchise, anymore? What the hell?

TravTex

Reaction score
Hey, Kyle... I see the sig change, and the 'Hurry'... But the link goes right back to this page. What am I missing, here?

Edit: Chirp, chirp. Ya'll are making me want to go get a 360. Step up, Sony-loving suckas.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I kind of ran into a small problem. I moved my TV to my new place Thursday, and I don't have internet until Wednesday. Now that I've fixed my phone's 4g issue, I might be able to tether my PS3 to that network (we'll see), but otherwise I'm not able to do a whole lot.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
So I've spent the last hour and a half trying to get my PS3 to work. No dice. Someone else should create this franchise, until I unpact my router it doesn't look like I'll be able to get onto PSN.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Ask and yea shall receive:

SeahawksDotNet Online Franchise is online for all PS3 users.

Max Users: 32
Fantasy Draft: Off
Game Skill: All-Pro
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: 20 Seconds
Injuries: On
Trading: On (CPU-controlled Teams Trades Not Allowed)
Weather: On
Fatigue: On
Password: dotnet

Teams Taken:
Ravens (Sammyc521)
Lions (Spounge84)
Chiefs (TravTex)

TravTex

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll go local-ish. Chiefs! Gonna Jamaal Charles all yo asses.

I might try to recruit from some Hawgs boards if nobody cares. Looking at the community size we got... what? Half-dozen?

Latest posts