Cool League I set up on NFL.com

Zowert

Reaction score
League Name: Ten Town Throwdown
http://townthrowdown.league.fantasy.nfl.com

Competitive but fun. Ten teams; Seven players, six offense per team - one defense (player, not team) Thought I would try something different: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE .. Defense is simple; 1 Linebacker. Which I think may be cool because its custom defensive player scoring, points for sacks, FF, FR, pass-def, Safeties, INT's, tackles, assisted tackles, plus bonuses for 10+ tackle games, 3 FF games, 2 INT games and interception/fumble recovery return yards. So if you pick a good linebacker, you can rack up just as many points as a RB or QB.. Then you get 7 bench players and 1 Injured Reserve.

Also I didn't add that annoying "can't cut list" that normal NFL Fantasy leagues have. I think if a player is doing awful you should be able to drop him, even if he's Adrian Peterson or Tom Brady. Someone else can pick them up thinking their luck may turn around.. Who knows, just never saw the point to the can't cut list. But don't worry, I'm not going to let someone drop all their pro bowlers so his friend can stack a deam. I'll keep up on the league and keep the playing field fair..

6 out of the 10 teams make the playoffs, waiver wire is standard, except once a player makes it through waivers (assuming he's not picked up) he automatically becomes a free-agent. You can check out the rest of the rules on the link posted, they're pretty standard with some customizations. More so to make scoring more interesting, so that ALL players contribute and it just doesn't become 'whoever' has the elite runningbacks ends up in the playoffs.

If you're interested, open to everyone. Only 1 out of 10 spots taken so far (me, just created the league). The theme is kinda cool because all teams must start out with your hometown or city you're currently living. I took Bellevue Bellevue Billionaires. I can see some cool team names from some of you, especially in the ol' Northwest towns; Gold Bar, Chelan, Puyallup, Marysville, etc. Plenty of weird names that can go with those towns; Spanaway Sperm, Tacoma Car Thieves, Seattle Police Brutality, Medina Microsoft Millionaires, Lynnwood Red-Light Cameras or Bellingham Baby-Makers..

If you don't wanna use the town/city you live in now, you're welcome to use a city you grew up in or once lived in. Anyway, hope to see some of you join! Weird and macabre names welcomes, just try not to be TOO offensive.

Please join here:
http://townthrowdown.league.fantasy.nfl.com

Draft starts tomorrow: August 25th at 12:00pm. It's a live draft. I figured lunch time was the best time to set the draft. Sign-up ASAP so if you can't make the draft then you can at least rank players in priority for your autpick. If I don't get a full 10 team league by 11am tomorrow, then I'm going to push the live draft back a few days for when I can do it next. I had to do it so soon because tomorrow is my only day off.

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
Two spots open as of now, 9:46am pacific time [Thurs, AUG 25]

Remember to add your hometown in the first part of your team name or you'll just get deleted before the draft.