NCAA '12 Demo Out

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I was super pumped for it and have been pleased with it, but the new grass doesn't look as impressive during in game action as it was hyped and the CPU still cannot really run the ball no matter how hard it tries, also the stadium noises still are not that impressive and the commentary is still as dry as lasts years. On the other hand the human running seems much more fluid and real feeling and the new tackling system just feels more real. can't wait to get my hands on the online and offline dynasty as well as the updated road to glory mode.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Amazon is offering NCAA 12 for the normal price, but you get a $20 credit toward another game plus some online bonuses and July 12th delivery.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Just played a game in the demo, and checked out the previews. I always buy NCAA and it's usually a pleasantly good product. But I wasn't following it with any sort of intensity til I downloaded the demo.

WOW.

Of course, I did UO v Texas. UO won 21-0 :).

The tackling system works better than I imagined it would. Zone coverage is tricky. Defense is loads of fun to play. Had a sweet 60 yard TD run with LaMichael James (who had dreads?) on a counter where the pulling guard went for the S (only real threat) rather than off the side chasing some LB on the opposite hash. You can access a real play-call choice from hurry-up. I've never done road to glory but I think I will this year, cause the coaching carousel looks like mad fun and the road to glory mode looks great. Finally have a reason not to just create 1 78ovr player for dynasty mode. EA really took the next step last year with both games, this looks like another very strong effort.

I immediately pre-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for sharing that, Sam. Sweet deal on top of a game that will torture me for the next few days. I better work extra hard at getting those job applications out before the 12th.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I had every intention of taking that Amazon offer too, however a mix-up with payroll is causeing my paycheck to be delayed... drats!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
It's arriving tomorrow, but I don't know if I want to sleep-in and wait for it to come or wait by the door... I hope it doesn't come at the end of the day. I might go stir crazy.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I went to my local Walmart bout 2 hour ago and grabbed it, i'm hooked. I didn't buy Madden or NCAA last year I've been football game deprived.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.

Smurf

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":2hw83ydc said:
How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.

Rent NCAA, buy Madden. Import your draft classes.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":3o7tqcpc said:

So far it's a lot of fun. I always buy both, though I tried not to buy Madden last year (made it a month or so).

Tackling is both awesome and tougher. I'd gotten used to vacuum tackling for big hits, so I whiff A LOT at the moment. Having to completely relearn how to make tackles. But zone coverage is so much better, passing actually feels like an accomplishment whereas before I always knew I could march downfield with ease.

Blocking AI does seem smarter as well, I've had several runs where the OL was more important than the RB, which rarely happened before. Presentation is really good, and making your own playbook is downright awesome. It's also a lot harder to juke people out, that's been a challenge for me since I had the old stick moves down. Slant-and-flats is no longer automatic money play it once was.

Some flaws I've heard/experienced: Super-athletic LBs still exist, but that's existed for-freaking-ever. I guess some people have had issues getting their playbooks to work.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think that NCAA is a deeper game than Madden due to the nature of recruiting versus the draft and FA.

Last year I got NCAA and opted out of Madden.

NCAA offers more than just the games if you're into the RPG aspect of building a program.

Snohomie

Reaction score
sammyc521":3el0lkys said:
I think that NCAA is a deeper game than Madden due to the nature of recruiting versus the draft and FA.

Last year I got NCAA and opted out of Madden.

NCAA offers more than just the games if you're into the RPG aspect of building a program.

Have you done much recruiting this year? The one thing I didn't like before was how time consuming recruiting was last year, and it wasn't really all that challenging after the 3rd or 4th week when you figured out what the recruit was interested in. It got monotonous to me.

Edit: BTW, want to try an online franchise again, Sam?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

Yeah, online franchise on PS3. I'm down.

TraumaHawk2011

Reaction score
Smurf":1orp619u said:
Seahawksfan425":1orp619u said:

Rent NCAA, buy Madden. Import your draft classes.

+10 I have been doing this for years

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I cannot believe cats actually go through the trouble of naming EVERY player on EVERY team including the coaches, friggin insane!

I did make themistake of doing RTG QB and going to Clemson over UW & Texas and not realizing all Clemson does is run the damn ball this sucks i gotta restart.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Is it worth getting NCAA 12 then? Got my brother to buy a copy of '11 when he was in Canada last year. They don't sell it over here so would be an expensive purchase with shipping/tax. Is it different enough to warrant the investment?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I don't know if it's that much of an improvement over 11... It's great but I don't think sports games are an every year purchase myself.

TravTex

Reaction score
sammyc521":wfroqcyo said:
I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

Yeah, online franchise on PS3. I'm down.

I'm game, too -- Send on down whatever info? Might have a slow few weeks, though, as I'm moving in a week or so and have to go through the whole 'Where the hell do I put THIS wire?' thing, etc.