(XBOX360) Madden10 online franchise best times to play...

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread about our best times to play(when we have a game against each other....for those in the league.
I will edit this post when others state their "times".
BTW what's the protocol? I remember 1 game a week; but it'd be silly to hold someone back with 3 comp ops. in a row? We need to throw down some rules maybe? What happens if someone doesn't show for a game? Comp plays?

My time(htown78): pretty much m-f 6pm-12am PST and randomly on the weekend if you see me online.

-SH

People's preffered times:

htown78(SmokeyHawk) : 6pm-12pmPST m-f (and random weekend times)

Smurf

Reaction score
It has to be a set time of games per week. One player cannot advance a week without the others. The commish has to submit the "end week" to start the next week.

Here is my idea of how it would go down:

Player vs Player games -

1. The home team is in charge of making contact with the away team, and setting up a play time. This should happen on Wednesday once the commish has rolled over to the next week.

a. Both parties should post on the board (or XBL message directly to the commish) that a game date/time has been set. Some games might be played immediately on wednesday, but a message must still be sent to the commish to inform that the game is going to be played/was played.

b. If after 48 hours (so friday at 6pm) the commish has not heard about the game schedule, he shall contact both parties to set up a time.

3. If a time is set and one party doesnt show, the game should either count as a forfeit/or the CPU will play (not sure how forfeits work).

4. If the two teams are unnable to come to an agreement as to when the game should be played, the HOME TEAM will get the advantage.

My times are rather skewed at the moment, M-F, however i am open on the weekends as long as their is not a Hawks game or Sounder game.

TravTex

Reaction score
Well, I work nights -- But I'm central time, so that gives a couple hours. Most often I'm on in the early mornings (About 5-10am Seattle time), and on my occasional days off I can be available most times after 8-12pm Seattle time.

I'm probably going to be rough to schedule with, even if I were on the west coast.

Smurf

Reaction score
TravTex":2p31x2vl said:
Well, I work nights -- But I'm central time, so that gives a couple hours. Most often I'm on in the early mornings (About 5-10am Seattle time), and on my occasional days off I can be available most times after 8-12pm Seattle time.

I'm probably going to be rough to schedule with, even if I were on the west coast.

That is exactly why i think doing 2 games a week would be suicide for this league. Everyone has such different schedules that its going to be tough to schedule PvP games as it is.

TravTex

Reaction score
Meh. I'd prefer a quicker pace. I don't think we need to be QUITE so regimented (For instance, I have no intention of sending an Official Message of the Official Game Time weekly). Give it a week or two to feel things out. If the weeks' games are done in a few days, great! Advance to the next week. If you get over a week and there's some lone idiot holding things up, give a heads-up warning, then sim his butt and keep things moving if that's what needs to be done.

(But I'll admit I'm less "understanding" than the average person. Though, I'm thinking this will MOST likely apply to MY games, so in a way I'm saying 'Screw me, don't wait on me'. *hah*)

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
Yeah. I think we should shoot for Saturday to move forward, if there are alot of people still waiting then we'll wait till wednesday, but otherwise we'll move forward. we should leave it to the 2 players to schedule a time to play their match within the allotted schedule for whatever works best for them. like i said i'd ideally like to have maybe 3 days per week...

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
oh, almost forgot- make sure to set your status to ready when youre done playing!

JGreen79

Reaction score
My work schedule never changes...

Wed-Fri (6:30pm-6:30am)
Every other Saturday (6:30pm-6:30am)

The other days I have the kids...

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Right now any time works for me, however and the end of next week I will be back in school and my schedule is still not finalized yet.