Is Madden 10 better than NFL Head Coach 09?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Is NCAA 10 better too?

Not going to be able to get my hands on a football game until the season is already underway, but is either game worth setting aside NFL HC 09 for either of EA's newest crop of games?

Hated Madden 09 by the way.

Smurf

Reaction score
NCAA 10 is a great game. Love it. Although you have to be able to work around a overpowered press coverage by the AI.

Madden 10 is also a very good game. It does take an adjustment period over NCAA and previous maddens. Its a little slower, but has a very realistic feel to it. I enjoy both of them.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I haven't played full year franchise mode yet, but I don't see anywhere near the depth of Head Coach '09. Wish they had updated that one, too, as I LOVED that game but hated the old graphics.

Smurf

Reaction score
Just a quick note, the guy who was a lead devoloper on Head Coach jumped over and took over the franchise mode of madden. The scouting supposedly takes a huge step this year, as well as drafting and free agent signings (more factors now matter, Weather, hometown, last seasons record, depth chart position).

Expect franchise mode to steadily improve over the next few years...

TravTex

Reaction score
I've noticed an improvement in free agent signing in a good type of frustrating way. I was playing the Texans and trying to get a couple free agents signed... had to -drastically- overpay a couple guys who seemed to have a 'I don't really want to play for your crappy team' mentality. *hah*

Haven't done an offseason, yet. Getting ready to fire up a 2010 Travhawks franchise, so should be there soon.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Smurf":3a0c14cj said:
Just a quick note, the guy who was a lead devoloper on Head Coach jumped over and took over the franchise mode of madden. The scouting supposedly takes a huge step this year, as well as drafting and free agent signings (more factors now matter, Weather, hometown, last seasons record, depth chart position).

Expect franchise mode to steadily improve over the next few years...

Yeah... I knew that was the case and why I knew Head Coach wouldn't get updated this year, if ever. Looking forward to the steady improvements in franchise mode, but want my cake NOW!!! :D Plus, there's something to be said for a full bore simulation like Head Coach was. Honestly, I played Madden about 3 times last year because of how much I liked Head Coach, and I doubt they will ever put that much detail into franchise mode. One can hope, though.