Kinect for XBOX 360

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Anyone pick one of these things up and tried it out? I am interested in hearing some feedback on it.

To me it looks like the technology works really well, but that there aren't any good games for it yet.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
KinectDanceCentral.gif

No joke...

Too much of the Kinect is based of potential and not reality. Just like the Move and the Wii.

Happy

Reaction score
That is so bad.

someone tell that guy to sit the hell down. They should have hired a chick for that gig.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MS reps were at a conference that I had to attend, and they demoed the Kinect. I thought it was extremely enjoyable to use, even if the games weren't overly complex.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sadhappy":2457mogu said:
That is so bad.

someone tell that guy to sit the hell down. They should have hired a chick for that gig.

I watched that video live. They did have a chick do it too, either before or after that guy...I can't remember. They had the dorky guy on there to show that even people who had no idea how to dance could still play the game.

LunchBox

Reaction score
Just picked mine up today. Set up was pretty easy. I was jumping around my living room like a fool in about 15 min. And having a blast doing it I might add. I have played the wii and I think that kinect is much better. It does use your whole body to control the game. If you already have a 360 go out and pick one up you won't regret it. FYI you do need some decent space to play in. You need at least 6' from the camera for it to work properly, 8' is better.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I bought my wife one for her 50th birthday on the 5th. It's pretty awesome! We only have 2 games so far, the Adventure game that came with the unit, and I bought a boxing game too. Unfortunately, I got the wrong boxing game. The one I got is single player only. I need to get the two player version so I can legally beat my wife... :lol: Is very cool so far tho. Give's ya a good workout. Really is amazing how well it tracks your movements. I give it two thumbs up, seeing how it performs better than I was expecting. Works best in a well-lit room.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Looks like "santa" will be bringin my boys this for christmas. They are wanting it pretty bad. I've heard good things actually.

Smurf

Reaction score
Just got mine. I bought the special bundle (which is essentially a 250g new xbox and kinect for $50 less than the price for both separately). I love it thus far. Game I have is simple, yet fun.

Few complaints, I wish there was a voice command for Xbox On, and Xbox Off. And I also wish there was 100% dashboard compatibility. You have to go to the kinect dashboard for enable the kinect scrolling, and even there you do not have all of the options of the regular dashboard.

Smurf

Reaction score
A week in the lounge....and then smurf posts....and then it gets moved....

I see how it is Les...I see how it is...

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I got this a little earlier than the planned Christmas, and it is awesome! My family has been dancing like crazy all day to Dance Central. Pretty good workout!

LeMec

Reaction score
Sounds like those that have purchased it like it. I am thinking about picking one up for my kids. My concern though is that there would be some lag time. Is it pretty responsive, or is there a delay from when you move to when the game picks it up?