Well if Madden 11 has anything to say about Sunday...

MRH72

Reaction score
Just got done playing a completely obnoxious Bears fan on Madden, and it gave me my (100% inaccurate) prediction.

I tried to be nice and have a polite conversation, but after da' Bears went up 14-0 thanks to an early Hasslebeck pick (hmm, mostly my fault) he was letting me have it with the trash talk. Enter Leon Washigton, and a 99 yard kick return. After a Mebane forced fumble on Jay "my head hurts" Cutler, Lynch breaks a Urlacher tackle and we go into half tied 14-14. Mare remained perfect on the season after a drive to go up 17-14. Cutler apparently wasn't watching game tape , because he threw in Earl Thomas's direction for an easy pick. Carlson runs a nice little seam route over a cover 2 to give the Hawks a 24-14 lead. Cutler keeps throwing it around, and in a battle of two of the shortest men in the league, Hester outjumps Jennings for a strike, 24-21. It's clock run out time, Lynch runs for a few first downs, but on a 2nd and inches Bates (well...me) decides to ice the game right there and throw a vertical route that (appears) open to the speedy Deon Butler. Let the "we want Whitehurst" chants begin Hasslebeck (hmm, again me) throws a pick and its returned all the way to the 20. Less than a minute to go, and Cutler completes a pass to the 6 (uh oh...) first and goal, 50 seconds to go. Gus Bradley calls in an unorthadox play for a first and goal, the Hawks line up in a Nickle coverage. The d-line breaks through with little effort, and is well on there way to....uh oh, deja vu here comes the screen pass! He's got blockers out in front, but what was that blur? Tatupu appears out of no where and LEVELS Forte at the 4, forcing a fumble. Roy Lewis sheds the big ugly in front of him and promptly scoops it up and lets be honest, Cutler isn't going to catch him. I was surprised that Lewis was being so arrogent, pulling a brandon stokley and running sideways along the goal line before flipping into the end zone.

...yes I have no life, but long story short, my prediction is 31-21 Hawks. And if it happens that way, you heard it here first. :0190l:

Oh and the bears fan was shouting expletives before unplugging his microphone.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Did you play it cool at the end or return the trash?

Either way... I love how you threw that last pick on purpose to let him think he had half a shot... before cruelly taking it away again!

Hawks46

Reaction score
That would be a fun game to watch, but in real life I might pop a blood vessel in my head watching that haha.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Man when people go nuts online its comedy gold! all you gotta do is laugh and they get even more pissed lol.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
MRH72":1ik0jfzl said:
Just got done playing a completely obnoxious Bears fan on Madden, and it gave me my (100% inaccurate) prediction.

I tried to be nice and have a polite conversation, but after da' Bears went up 14-0 thanks to an early Hasslebeck pick (hmm, mostly my fault) he was letting me have it with the trash talk. Enter Leon Washigton, and a 99 yard kick return. After a Mebane forced fumble on Jay "my head hurts" Cutler, Lynch breaks a Urlacher tackle and we go into half tied 14-14. Mare remained perfect on the season after a drive to go up 17-14. Cutler apparently wasn't watching game tape , because he threw in Earl Thomas's direction for an easy pick. Carlson runs a nice little seam route over a cover 2 to give the Hawks a 24-14 lead. Cutler keeps throwing it around, and in a battle of two of the shortest men in the league, Hester outjumps Jennings for a strike, 24-21. It's clock run out time, Lynch runs for a few first downs, but on a 2nd and inches Bates (well...me) decides to ice the game right there and throw a vertical route that (appears) open to the speedy Deon Butler. Let the "we want Whitehurst" chants begin Hasslebeck (hmm, again me) throws a pick and its returned all the way to the 20. Less than a minute to go, and Cutler completes a pass to the 6 (uh oh...) first and goal, 50 seconds to go. Gus Bradley calls in an unorthadox play for a first and goal, the Hawks line up in a Nickle coverage. The d-line breaks through with little effort, and is well on there way to....uh oh, deja vu here comes the screen pass! He's got blockers out in front, but what was that blur? Tatupu appears out of no where and LEVELS Forte at the 4, forcing a fumble. Roy Lewis sheds the big ugly in front of him and promptly scoops it up and lets be honest, Cutler isn't going to catch him. I was surprised that Lewis was being so arrogent, pulling a brandon stokley and running sideways along the goal line before flipping into the end zone.

...yes I have no life, but long story short, my prediction is 31-21 Hawks. And if it happens that way, you heard it here first. :0190l:

Oh and the bears fan was shouting expletives before unplugging his microphone.

Great read, love how you put in the Hass hate comments, that shit is funny! Must have been a fun game, especially since you were down early 14-0. I would love it to end in that kind of fashion!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Throwdown":23qnatjh said:
Man when people go nuts online its comedy gold! all you gotta do is laugh and they get even more pissed lol.

Now I can't hold my own with any of the 360 games we own, including Madden, but my 11 year old son? Complete terror to an adult thinking he is going to beat the minor. Nothing makes me more proud than to watch him playing the Seahawks against anybody online and just commenting "yeah" "ok" "sure" and then to see him whip up on his opponent and promptly remove the wireless headset from his ear and smile, knowing he just got the better of a grown-up who has lost it and starts in with the dirty on my little trooper. The Madden games are one thing, but sometimes on Modern Warfare 2 he puts that headset down 30 seconds into the game. Really funny stuff.

If the game on Sunday turns out the OP's? I will probably be close to having a stroke, but will recover nicely :)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":22zwh79y said:
Hey is this the fantasy forum now?

:les:
Reading most of the material here, it always has been.

And no, Madden has nothing to say about what'll really happen in the game.

The Radish

Reaction score
Starting now,,,,again all references to games played via video games are to be posted in the Fantasy Forum.

OP
OP
MRH72

MRH72

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3myihirz said:
Did you play it cool at the end or return the trash?

Either way... I love how you threw that last pick on purpose to let him think he had half a shot... before cruelly taking it away again!

Oh I played it cool, minus the flipping into the end zone. I actually tried to talk to the guy about the game sunday, I don't understand why people have the need to trash talk.

The Radish":3myihirz said:
Starting now,,,,again all references to games played via video games are to be posted in the Fantasy Forum.

Apologies! it was more of an extremely un-official play by play prediction. I'll be good I promise :180670:

I'm ashamed my nerdiness has caused a new rule on the forums.