"Pile O Running Backs" But who should start week 1?

Chapow

Reaction score
Just curious what some of you guys would do with this RB situation for week 1.
It's a 10 team PPR league.
I have 6 RB's and need to fill 2 RB slots and 1 W/R flex spot.

Ray Rice obviously goes in the RB1 slot, now I need 2 more out of these 5,

Jonathan Stewart @ NYG, He would be such a freakin beast if only he wasn't sharing carries w/Deangelo.
CJ Spiller vs MIA, The situation in Buf is murky at best, I think Spiller has been named the starter, but Lynch and Jackson will both see some action. Big time upside though.
Knowshon Moreno @ JAC, Missed all of preseason and is still a little dinged up, Buckhalter's in the mix too, but Jacksonville's D is pretty damn bad and he will play.
Marion Barber @ WAS, He was losing more and more carries to F.Jones as the season went by, not sure what to make of him this year.
Cadillac Williams vs CLE, Caddy is the starter and will see the vast majority of the touches out of the backfield, playing at home, new season so he's fresh, but Cle has Shaun Rogers in there and frankly it's the Buc's.

I guess an argument could be made for and against any one of these guys. Not sure what to do about it.
So what would you do?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Your best bet is your highest drafted RB at the beginning of the season, which likely Stewart. That said, Spiller has been a men among boys in preseason and he's got the lowest 'timeshare' of the rest, so he's probably as good as any. The rest I could take or leave.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I would choose Stewart and Spiller..you need two more right?

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
Yes, Ray Rice + 2 more.

I still have a few days to figure it out, but at this point I'm leaning towards Stewart and Cadillac with a really close runner up to Spiller.

I just keep hearing all kinds of conflicting reports about Spiller and Lynch and Jackson and how much playing time each of them will get. I don't doubt that Spiller has been incredible in the preseason and believe me, I wish he was their clear cut starter, but a 3 headed RBBC just spells trouble in fantasy football.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If you're going to start Cadillac, remember that they've got a potentially very good #2 in Kareem Huggins who could probably steal some carries.

tdigitee

Reaction score
My vote would be Stewart + Moreno (latter b/c of that Jags D; Spiller not a bad bet but I'd go with the matchup Moreno has).

Good luck!

cheers /td

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
So I ended up going with Ray Rice, Cadillac and Spiller.

Rice-8.2
Cadillac-11.8
Spiller-5.4

RB's on my bench,

Stewart-1.2
Moreno-13.4
Barber-6.0

Pretty much an underwhelming performance by the lot.
I still won my matchup though.
:mrgreen: