Your best and worst fantasy spot starts ever

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My worst ever: My QB had a bye week, so I picked up Rex Grossman for the infamous Cardinals/Bears Monday matchup. He had a 0 rating, 6 turnovers, and i got -11 points. I had actually already locked up the victory on Sunday. Denny Green's blowup will always be stuck in my head because I too was pissed off that night.

Since, I have twice locked up victories on Sunday and benched any players I had going on Monday night.

My best spot start ever? Jamaal Lewis, when he put 4 TDs on the Hawks with only 30 or so yards rushing. I was thin at RB, picked him up hours before the game. He hadn't done much that season, but I knew that the Hawks stunk in early road starts.

a close 2nd goes to when I once gave Tony Romo a spot start early in his career on a Thanksgiving day game, and he threw 5 tds. Pure luck, and desperation on my part to even start him.

Vetamur

Reaction score
When Tyler Thigpen had his improbably run of good fantasy numbers 2 seasons ago I had picked him up because of his name...my other two QBs were injured. I had sort of said "screw it"..picked him up..put him in..and he ran for 1 td a week and threw for 1 or 2 more..for like 4 or 5 or 6 weeks in a row. He single handedly kept me in contention.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Forgot how much I was down by... but all I had left was Colt Def against the Pats on MNF and this was when Manning and the Colts couldn't beat the Brady and the Pats for the life of them... but they decide to turn it around and blow them out.

Doug Flutie comes into the game in the 4th and I'm down by 2 points. Down a lot, Flutie decides to run a hurry up offense in the final 2-minutes of the game they have no chance of winning. On the final play, sack and fumble recovery for the Colts. +3 points for me, I win by 1 point.