Picking #1 overall in FFL

tdigitee

Reaction score
Hey all.

I got the first pick (woohoo!) in a 12-team serpentine draft, for a league whose notable scoring facets are 0.5 PPR (i.e 2 rec = 1 pt) and 6 points for a QB's passing TD. Definitely gonna go with Chris Johnson who treated me right last year, but my question is what to do with the back-to-back 24th and 25th picks.

Depending on how the prior picks go, I think I'd like to go with a high-level WR (Jennings, R. White, De. Jackson, Austin) and Rivers, the latter since pass TD points skew them higher and I doubt he will last till the 49th pick when I go next. (Usualy I go for QBs in the middle or later rounds but think I should change my strategy this year). Could also go RB + QB there, say McCoy/Mendenhall. Welker also helped carry me last year but not sure about the knee and 25 is too high to pick him, so hopefully he lasts till 49/50.

What do yall think? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks!

cheers /td

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
With 6 points per TD, getting a QB with that 25th/26th pick is vital to your success. I would suggest looking other than Rivers, though. He won't have Vincent Jackson for most of the year, and the Chargers didn't draft Ryan Matthews so they could pass more. Besides, at that same time, you're likely to still see Brady and maybe Manning on the board, and this year's golden boy is Romo because of upgrade to the Dallas passing game with Dez Bryant. You could also try and grab a WR and an RB and really go for the gusto and draft someone like Favre or Kolb with your next set of picks.

OP
OP
tdigitee

tdigitee

Reaction score
Sarlacc,

Thanks - good points about Rivers. Will see if any of the higher-level QBs you mentioned are still there at 24/25 though Manning and Brady tend to go high with my group. Romo and Schaub may be available then too.

I'm not high on Favre esp. now that Rice may miss a while, not sure about Kolb. May consider Flacco later on as well.