Activision To Start Charging for Online Play

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1106742p1.html

Expect to see Activision to start charging to play games like COD online. This is all such a sham. They already drive up the price per game to $60, then Microsoft charges $8 a month just to play games online to begin with, now this? The biggest crock of it all, is that COD uses a multiplayer matchmaking system that turns a players console into the game host so the company won't have to pay for a dedicated server.

So what exactly is a monthly subscription paying for??? I'll stick with BC2 on PC thanks.
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• Another reason why Activision/Blizzard is an evil company. That and I want to punch their CEO, Bobby Kotick, in the face for no other reason than he could use one.

I think what EA is doing is much smarter, not that I agree with it, but it is smarter. For all EA games that you want to take online, you need to buy a $10 online add-on. If you purchase the game brand new, the code for going online is free; if you buy it off eBay/Craigslist/Gamestop/etc, you need to pay an additional $10.

My issue is that Activision hasn't been coming up with anything original. It's no different than Bungie releasing another Halo.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I have COD:MW2 and usually play every couple of days if I have the time. I would gladly buy a new game in November. MW2 is a very fun game. But there is not a snowball's chance in hell I will pay a monthly fee for a COD game. If I wanted to pay a monthly fee, I'd get an MMO. (Tournament fees or microtransactions MIGHT be different, have to look at that on a case-by-case basis)
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information