Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: Activision To Start Charging for Online Play
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 am 
* NET Guy Fieri Lover *

http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1106742p1.html

Expect to see Activision to start charging to play games like COD online. This is all such a sham. They already drive up the price per game to $60, then Microsoft charges $8 a month just to play games online to begin with, now this? The biggest crock of it all, is that COD uses a multiplayer matchmaking system that turns a players console into the game host so the company won't have to pay for a dedicated server.

So what exactly is a monthly subscription paying for??? I'll stick with BC2 on PC thanks.

Post subject: Re: Activision To Start Charging for Online Play
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Another reason why Activision/Blizzard is an evil company. That and I want to punch their CEO, Bobby Kotick, in the face for no other reason than he could use one.

I think what EA is doing is much smarter, not that I agree with it, but it is smarter. For all EA games that you want to take online, you need to buy a $10 online add-on. If you purchase the game brand new, the code for going online is free; if you buy it off eBay/Craigslist/Gamestop/etc, you need to pay an additional $10.

My issue is that Activision hasn't been coming up with anything original. It's no different than Bungie releasing another Halo.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk

Post subject: Re: Activision To Start Charging for Online Play
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am 
* NET Draft Guru *

I have COD:MW2 and usually play every couple of days if I have the time. I would gladly buy a new game in November. MW2 is a very fun game. But there is not a snowball's chance in hell I will pay a monthly fee for a COD game. If I wanted to pay a monthly fee, I'd get an MMO. (Tournament fees or microtransactions MIGHT be different, have to look at that on a case-by-case basis)

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]