My 2k10 Travhawks

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
My 2k10 Travhawks
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:19 pm
  • So I caved to my football addiction and picked up Madden 10 for PS3. Starting off 2010 at 2-0 with road wins against the Chargers and the Cardinals. Blew the Cards the hell out, and won 50-27 with my second string in for the entire 4th Quarter.

Major Changes:

Head Coach: Norv Turner (Mora didn't do as horrible as real life, going 8-8 in '09. BUT, he is Jim Mora, so screw him. Pursued Ron Rivera at first, but was outbid by, coincidentally, the Chargers.... whom we whupped 23-20 in the season opener.)

QB: Hass went down with a season-ending injury in the 2009 Preseason, and never saw another Travhawks snap. I made a quick trade for the 2009 and current 2010 starting QB, Kevin Kolb. Kolb is putting up some pretty numbers, though there's some inconsistency and he gets knocked around quite a bit. Part of that's the offensive line. Hass was cut, and signed with the Vikings as a 77 overall backup. My rookie, Kevin Columbus, is really pushing Kolb for the starting spot (78 overall both), and looks like he might not be a star, but could be a solid game manager. He scouted out with a 95 accuracy, and he's great with the play action. Kolb is better on the run, so this suits our iffy O-Line better for now.

HB: Forsett wanted starting RB money. I was not willing to part with starting RB money for him. Instead, I gave it to Lendale White. White is splitting time with a rookie, T.Mathis. Mathis is scary with potential but dumb as a brick. 98 speed, 60 awareness.

FB: Schmitt is backed up by an A-potential rookie I snagged in the 6th or 7th round. 'Bart Weismiker'. Tell me that doesn't sound like a FB.

WR: Cut Branch, sitting with Housh and Burleson as the starters. Picked up David Clowney for a decent rate and stuck him in the slot. A couple of promising rookies round it out.

OL: Ouch. Jones, Sims, Vallos, Unger, Doug Free <-- Our starters. Some potential young guys waiting in the wings, but this is an area of deep concern. I might juggle some things around, put one of the rookies at guard and move Unger to center.

DL: Not much changed here.

LB: Ditto. Some new faces here and there in depth, and I resigned Hawthorne to... well, apparently sit on the bench. Shame.

CB: Picked up William Gay, but otherwise pretty much unchanged.

S: Babs and Grant, still, though I have an A-potential FS that could move into the starting role pretty quickly. Also have Roy Williams plugging in at spot duty here and there in the secondary.

K, P: Everybody gets new contracts, everybody stays.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: My 2k10 Travhawks
Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:06 am
  • Updates?
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:06 pm
  • Made it to 5-3, and then one morning, "Data Corrupted". At the moment, Madden and I aren't talking.

I'm finding the PS3 to have QUITE a bit more of the whole 'Data Corrupted' losses of save game files than I ever had with the 360. Granted, the 360 died -completely- so that is technically worse, but still frustrating nonetheless.

(Borderlands was the worst about it.)
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:41 pm
  • You might want to get your PS3 looked at. I've now had mine for 2 year and I haven't lost anything I've wanted to data corruption (I did lose a few, but from over a year ago and I have no idea from what game(s). Only noticed them as I was deleting my saved data to make room for another movie on the HD).
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm
  • It's had a few random turn-offs, as well. Just hasn't reached the level of annoying to suffer through tech support, yet.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm
  • Stopped playing as the Seahawks because I can't stand to look at Mora on the sidelines. And our teams sucks, just like in real life.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun May 09, 2010 3:06 pm
  • If you are interested I have a spare 360 I can sell ya.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Tue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm
  • No thanks.

Xbox kann mich mal am Arsch lecken.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed May 19, 2010 4:27 pm
  • StaffAmerica74 wrote:If you are interested I have a spare 360 I can sell ya.

I might be interested, PM me the details.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information