E3 Convo

Smurf

Reaction score
Just reading some things from microsofts E3 announcements...pretty sweet....

Rock Band: Beatles (with vocal harmonies)
New Tony Hawk game
Modern Warfare 2
FFXIII
Crackdown 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Splintercell Conviction
Forza 3 (awww hell yea!)
Halo: ODST
Halo: Reach (AWESOME)
Last.fm to the dashboard
Facebook and Twitter on the dashboard
Metal Gear Solid: Rising (suck it PS3)
and Project Natal (The evolution of the wii remote...full body control, remoteness). Full sensors, picking up every movement.

A few big blows to the PS3 here, losing the exclusive rights to FF13 (announced last year, this year they brought a trailer) and Metal Gear Solid. That leaves the only game i would want to play on the PS3 at...Killzone.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/e3-microsoft-live-blog/

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Modern Warfare 2, Crackdown 2, Both Halos, and Assassins Creed 2.........I can't wait!!!! :3:

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
My List of Games to get:

NCAA Football 10 (rent)
Madden 10
Fifa 10
Modern Warfare 2 (rent/buy?)
Halo: Reach
Left 4 Dead 2 (rent/buy?)
Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
Rockband: Beatles (game disk only)
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Splintercell Conviction (rent)
Crackdown 2 (rent)
Assassins Creed 2 (rent)

wow...im going to be poor

JOz56

Reaction score
My list of games:
Modern Warfare 2
Bioshock 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Ghostbusters
Splinter Cell Conviction (probably rent that one first)
Probably rent both the Halo's, unless I find out more and they look interesting

The big ones for me come out in November, which means I probably won't be around then.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Smurf":1ud8eyic said:
Just reading some things from microsofts E3 announcements...pretty sweet....

Rock Band: Beatles (with vocal harmonies) [Multi-platform]
New Tony Hawk game [Multi-platform]
Modern Warfare 2 [Multi-platform]
FFXIII [Multi-platform]
Crackdown 2
Left 4 Dead 2 [Multi-platform; PC]
Splintercell Conviction
Forza 3 (awww hell yea!)
Halo: Reach (AWESOME)
Last.fm to the dashboard
Facebook and Twitter on the dashboard
Metal Gear Solid: Rising (suck it PS3) [Multi-platform]
and Project Natal (The evolution of the wii remote...full body control, remoteness). Full sensors, picking up every movement.

A few big blows to the PS3 here, losing the exclusive rights to FF13 (announced last year, this year they brought a trailer) and Metal Gear Solid. That leaves the only game i would want to play on the PS3 at...Killzone.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/e3-microsoft-live-blog/
You're such a fanboy it hurts...

You might as well throw Madden 10 in there while you're at it... :D

If Final Fantasy XIII is a big deal, then knowing that Final Fantasy XIV is exclusive for PS3 and PC must suck for you then.

For PS3:
God of War III
Uncharted
Agent
Last Guardian
Demon's Soul
Ratchet & Clank
White Knight

For Wii:
Super Mario Bros Wii
Mario Galaxy 2
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid: Other M
Redsteel 2
Wii Fit Plu
No More Heroes 2
Fragile

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Never said any of those games were exclusive, there you go assuming s**t again...

From what i understand (and i could be wrong) FF14 is going to be an MMO game, and that just worked soooo well the first time they tried it...so i really dont care that its missing from the 360. I am not a final fantasy fan, and on a personal level i could care less about it coming to xbox. But it still IS a big deal that one of the best franchises in the world is coming to the 360, same with MGS:Rising; which i understood to be exclusive, with PS3 getting the true sequel MGS 5.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Um... isn't your moniker "NET Fan Boy?"

I never said you were implying such either so who's assuming "s**t" now? [Can't we swear in a PG-13 Forum?] {Edit - Whoops, this forum is PG}

I too heard that FF XIV is going to be an MMO and while it may not be your cup of tea (or mine) Square Enix seems to be happy to start round 2. If you're comparing FF XI to a game like WoW then yeah they failed big time...but so does every other MMO in comparison. This isn't the first time that Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy VII; which just launched on PSN) has jumped ship and I doubt it will be the last.

In regards to "exclusive/multi-platform" the same could be said about games like BioShock; they start out "exclusive" but then their "exclusivity" runs out and they're not multi-platform. The only games that will ever be sure-fire "exclusives" are ones made by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

Now all three console companies have a "motion sensing" controllers...now can anyone tell me why that's so great?

Snohomie

Reaction score
Ummm, I don't get this talk that FFXI was a failure.

I hated the game, personally. The GF loves it, though, so I've played it a bit on my own account... But I hopped in a couple months ago and there were well over a dozen servers with strong populations. Considering the game came out, what, 6 years ago, that's a roaring success by MMO standards. Most games are ghostlands after that long.

Rob, you know I love you, but your fanboiness is so rabid it makes me laugh.

That said, maybe it's just me, but I'm not impressed at all by any of the 360 exclusives. I can honestly say, aside from FFXI and MSG (non-exclusives), I wouldn't spend $60.00 on any of those. I'm more bothered that Fable 2 is a 360 exclusive, and that game has been around for a year. I suppose the Halo lovers are excited, but never really gotten into that game... my roommate plays it all the time, so I've played it with her a bit, and it just doesn't do it for me.

The PS3 lineup suits me more, I think. I only recognize half the names, but Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, and GOW3 are all games I'll seriously consider spending dough on. The other ones might be cool, no idea. I don't follow E3 anymore, I tend to go crazy waiting for games so instead I just remain oblivious to release dates... Though I gotta remember to ask for a few days off work when NCAA comes out (Madden '09 was such an utter disappointment, if they made recruiting not suck in NCAA I'd never play Madden '09 at all).

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Snohomie":2aj1sf9q said:
Ummm, I don't get this talk that FFXI was a failure.

I hated the game, personally. The GF loves it, though, so I've played it a bit on my own account... But I hopped in a couple months ago and there were well over a dozen servers with strong populations. Considering the game came out, what, 6 years ago, that's a roaring success by MMO standards. Most games are ghostlands after that long.

Rob, you know I love you, but your fanboiness is so rabid it makes me laugh.

That said, maybe it's just me, but I'm not impressed at all by any of the 360 exclusives. I can honestly say, aside from FFXI and MSG (non-exclusives), I wouldn't spend $60.00 on any of those. I'm more bothered that Fable 2 is a 360 exclusive, and that game has been around for a year. I suppose the Halo lovers are excited, but never really gotten into that game... my roommate plays it all the time, so I've played it with her a bit, and it just doesn't do it for me.

The PS3 lineup suits me more, I think. I only recognize half the names, but Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, and GOW3 are all games I'll seriously consider spending dough on. The other ones might be cool, no idea. I don't follow E3 anymore, I tend to go crazy waiting for games so instead I just remain oblivious to release dates... Though I gotta remember to ask for a few days off work when NCAA comes out (Madden '09 was such an utter disappointment, if they made recruiting not suck in NCAA I'd never play Madden '09 at all).

I was unaware that FF11 still had a strong population, perhaps i mispoke.

Anyway, I love you too, and my fanboiness also makes me laugh as well. I pick something i like, and i stick too it. For me, Halo is the reason i got an xbox to begin with, and everytime i play one of those games i thoroughly enjoy it. I am more a halo fanboy than i am a 360 fanboy, and that says alot. I would jump ship if PS3 got the exclusive rights to halo games. I have read all the books, own the collectables (im one of the fools who paid all that $$$ for the Halo 3 Legendary Editions), and play the games for hours on end.

I admit it. I am a fanboy. I love the 360 and i do not enjoy the PS3.

If this streaming 1080p works well, microsoft might have just put an end to the need for disks (blu ray). You will also be able to download full games strait to your harddrive. thats just awesome.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Smurf":2unpd0l4 said:
I admit it. I am a fanboy. I love the 360 and i do not enjoy the PS3.

If this streaming 1080p works well, microsoft might have just put an end to the need for disks (blu ray). You will also be able to download full games strait to your harddrive. thats just awesome.
That's putting it very politely... :D

If DL'ing games/movies to an HD it makes the Xbox 360 sans-harddrive even more silly.

Discs will never go out of fashion until they can promise the consumers some superpipes in which to DL stuff. In Seattle, my top speed in '08 was maybe 400-600k/s with uploads around 200k/s; in real-life downloading it was probably closer to 200k/s down, 100k/s up. In Japan though, I can get 25.0 mb/s down and 17.0 mb/s up; in real-life downloading it's around 15.0 mb/s down and 10.0 mb/s up.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score

Not bad...upload aint that great, but eh. I would also like to add that there are 3 other computers and an xbox currently running on this network, not sure if that plays into a role as far as speed.

Agreed about the core system. They should kill it off. It was silly to begin with, and is silly now. Also, its only downloading GAMES. The HD movies and TV shows will be streamed, although...i assume there will be a DL option too.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
At the time I was DL'ing with uTorrent around 1.0 mb/s down and 3.0 mb/s up. What are you real-life speeds? Are they close to your speed test?

What ISP are you on? DSL? ADSL? Cable? I was on Comcast back in Seattle and it was slow as poop.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
I am on Verizon FiOS. Recently switched from comcrap.

Anyway, how do i check my speeds through uTorrent?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
In the bottom right corner, you should see your total down/up speeds.

How much are you paying for Verizon FiOS? Comcast was about $70+ a month I think before I canceled.

Snohomie

Reaction score
My dad switched from Comcast to FiOS maybe a year ago.

Significantly faster. I use his connection for my downloads (legal, of course). Also, it doesn't crap out like Comcast.

I know he bundled his phone, TV (which is nice too) and internet and it was about the same as Comcast was at the time, but I don't remember the specifics.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Snohomie":zql6m2en said:
My dad switched from Comcast to FiOS maybe a year ago.

Significantly faster. I use his connection for my downloads (legal, of course). Also, it doesn't crap out like Comcast.

I know he bundled his phone, TV (which is nice too) and internet and it was about the same as Comcast was at the time, but I don't remember the specifics.

Yea, thats what we did over here as well. We actually end up saving like $50 a month for the first 6 months then go back to paying the same as we were before.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":2pt9augu said:
In the bottom right corner, you should see your total down/up speeds.

How much are you paying for Verizon FiOS? Comcast was about $70+ a month I think before I canceled.

Both are at, or around 1mb