K: Stephen Gostkowski
D: Minnesota

Bench: Vincent Jackson
Bench: Tom Brady
Bench: Delanie Walker
Bench: Frank Gore
Bench: Josh Gordon
Bench: Matt Jones

Current quandary: Should I drop VJax and pickup AP's handcuff in Jerrick McKinnon?

10-man auction league.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Man that is a sick team. How'd you get all those guys! I love your RB's of AP and CJ Anderson. I love the depth with Ryan Mathews, Matt Jones, and Frank Gore. Those three guys intrigue me in the middle rounds. I'll likely have one of those three as my FLEX this year. I'm big on Mike Evans, I'd be more than happy to have him as my WR1. Baldwin will make a really good WR2. The one spot you are a little weak at is your WR/TE, but that position will likely go to Josh Gordon after week 4. Maybe see if you can swing one of your bench RB's for a better WR. Not sure I'd want to start two Seahawk WR's on my team. Luck will be good. It may not be pretty with him, but at the end of the year he should be a top 5 QB. Man, and how'd you end up with Delanie Walker and Jordan Reed? Personally, I'd put Walker in the WR/TE spot ahead of Lockett. That's an A+ draft.

Bryce84

Reaction score
Hey, finally someone else that does Auction! That is a really good team. Looking at your squad though, most your bench looks to be almost entirely $5-15 players. The only thing I would have done is probably put more money into my starting lineup since they are the ones going to be doing most the heavy lifting. That's something I've learned about Auction drafts - if your depth is TOO good then you have a very hard time making waiver moves because players are too good to get rid of. As a result, I really focus on putting more into starters and having maybe 1 WR and RB on the bench that I'd be comfortable starting if I need them. That's obviously just my approach to Auction though, so if you've done them a while and your method works for you then don't listen to me! haha.

OP
OP
CodeWarrior

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bryce84":1hiujsr3 said:
Hey, finally someone else that does Auction! That is a really good team. Looking at your squad though, most your bench looks to be almost entirely $5-15 players. The only thing I would have done is probably put more money into my starting lineup since they are the ones going to be doing most the heavy lifting. That's something I've learned about Auction drafts - if your depth is TOO good then you have a very hard time making waiver moves because players are too good to get rid of. As a result, I really focus on putting more into starters and having maybe 1 WR and RB on the bench that I'd be comfortable starting if I need them. That's obviously just my approach to Auction though, so if you've done them a while and your method works for you then don't listen to me! haha.

I went for the injury mitigation approach. Last year I had a great squad... on paper. Strong in the beginning of the season, but my hopes of a championship went down with Dez, Keenan Allen, Steve Smith, Tyler Eifert, and Thomas Rawls. Trying to protect against that this year, though as you've said, my bench makes it tough to drop anyone.

Latest posts