Just drafted.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Didn't quite as well as I'd hoped, but don't hate my team. 10 team league. I picked last.

QB: Blake Bortles
RB: Jamaal Charles (Kearly got me to buy in)
RB: CJ Anderson
WR: Alan Robinson
WR: Sammy Watkins
TE: Jared Cook
Flex: Demarco Murray
K: Justin Tucker
Def: Vikings

Bench

WR:
Demaryius Thomas
Marvin Jones
Devin Funchess

RB:
Rashad Jennings
Isaiah Crowell
Melvin Gordon
Spencer Ware

Bryce84

Reaction score
I'm not big on Bortles this year but that looks like a very strong team. I'd definitely have Demaryius in at Flex over Murray if you haven't already made the change (I actually like him more than Robinson and maybe Watkins overall - but that's another story). Hopefully Cook and Bortles work for you without backups at either of those positions. Very deep bench though which is fantastic - I'd be ecstatic to come away with that kind of depth.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out who to start at flex. I've been flopping between Thomas and Murray, though I'm pretty high on Jennings too. One if the most underrated players in fantasy this season, IMO.

Demaryius Thomas I actually picked up with the last pick in the fifth, which I was stoked about. Everyone was afraid of his quarterbacks.

Honestly went WR earlier than I had planned. I had been going rb/rb one and two during my mocks. Decided to pick up Alan Robinson instead. Regretted it soon after. Should've just stuck to my plan. Was able to pick up a lot of good RB depth, though, due to my draftmates doing the exact opposite of what I expected. Lot's of runningbacks early, and WR heavy in middle rounds. Left a lot of solid RB's to snag after round four, luckily.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That's a nice team. Your team has great depth. That's an amazing bench.

If I were you, I'd possibly try to package a couple guys together to upgrade somewhere else. I find it pretty hard to make trades before the season starts, as most owners are content with their team. But once injuries happen, rosters run thin and owners will look to make trades. You have a lot of good pieces that people will want.

Only downside with your team is you may have a headache each week setting your WR2 and FLEX spot.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Yeah. With WR#2 I'm pretty high on Watkins upside, but am worried about consistency and health. The guy is a legit threat to put up 20+ points any week if healthy. I had him and Keenan Allen rated pretty much the same. Flipped a coin and got Watkins. We'll see how it works out.

kearly

Reaction score
I like this team. I've watched enough of Bortles this preseason to think that he is finally starting to play up to his stats. Charles/Ware is arguably the biggest RB steal of the draft. Allen Robinson is a stud. Anderson is looking good. Watkins is risky, but he's insured by Demaryius and Marvin Jones. Great list of backups.

Btw, I really liked that you took a chance on DeMarco Murray. Veteran RBs typically flop with new teams, but Murray has been killing it this preseason and when you look at his supporting cast it doesn't feel like a fluke. They have an elite read option runner at QB and an OL with a ton invested in it. They also have some big receivers and tight ends that help with the blocking as well. After three preseason games I've been so impressed with the Titans running game that I've put both Henry and Murray on my draftable list.

I would have also tried to draft Derrick Henry with a late pick, not only because Murray ALWAYS needs a handcuff, but because there is a non-zero chance that Henry could supersede Murray as the lead back at some point.

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Yeah, really wanted Henry but he got snatched up right before I picked.

kearly

Reaction score
Bench players are under-rated. There's so many surprises in fantasy football that having a quality #3 RB and #4 WR are vital.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I keep flip-flopping on Jamaal Charles. Looks like we may see a RBBC in KC, at least early in the season. But why wouldn't they? Ware is more than serviceable, and no reason to run Charles into the ground. One thing Charles has going for him is that he has never needed a high volume of carries to put up big numbers.

This is from rotoworld:

ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher reports Jamaal Charles "hasn’t regained the role -- full-time featured back -- he had before last season’s torn ACL."
Teicher reports Spencer Ware is handling most of Kansas City's first-team running back reps in practice. Specifically, Teicher wrote that Ware "generally gets a lot of the starter’s snaps in practice. Charcandrick West gets some. Sometimes there are a few left for Charles, too." On Tuesday, coach Andy Reid said Tamba Hali (knee) is "a little further along than what Jamaal is right now," in their respective recoveries. At this point, it's unclear what Charles' role will be in Week 1 against the Chargers. An early-year RBBC appears likely. Due to their backfield depth, Teicher suggests the Chiefs "can afford to take the longer view with Charles."

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Even in a RBBC Charles will be the guy getting the majority of the carries and the guy in on passing downs. I think it's worth the risk.