Which Rookie WR Breaks Out?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Every year there are a couple good rookie fantasy WR's. This year there is a big list. I will add Kevin White and Breshad Perriman to the list since neither played last year.

Corey Coleman (Browns)
Josh Doctson (Redskins)
Sterling Sheppard (Giants)
Micahel Thomas (Saints)
Tyler Boyd (Bengals)
Will Fuller (Texans)
Laquan Treadwell (Vikings)
Kevin White (Bears)
Breshad Perriman (Ravens)

I feel like at least 2-3 of these guys become startable in fantasy. If I had to guess right now, I'd say Coleman, Michael Thomas and Kevin White. Sheppard should get some favorable one-on-one's with Beckham occupying a lot of attention. Boyd should have a big opportunity in Cincinnati with Jones and Sanu gone. What do you guys think?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Kevin White is first on my list. He's the clear number 2 in an offense that should be throwing the ball quite a bit, and is a brittle Alshon Jeffery injury away from being the number 1.

Sterling Shepard could be decent. Eli throws the ball a ton.

There are good rumblings about Will Fuller, but I just don't trust that offense enough to pull the trigger.

Michael Thomas is going to be the third or possibly even fourth WR on an offense with a ton of mouths to feed.

Treadwell has Bridgewater, so he's off my draftboard.

Lithium

Reaction score
Yeah its always hard to tell. I have a gut feeling on Boyd, personally. Who knows.
Don't forget Tajae Sharpe in Tennessee.

kearly

Reaction score
Kevin White is essentially playing a redshirt freshman season this year. He'll know the playbook a little better than a true rookie, but the difference is fairly minor. Receivers usually need reps to build rapport with their QBs.

White only has 3 catches for 12 yards this preseason. Chicago looks like a heavy favorite to pick #1 overall in 2017. Their defense is still bad and their offense has looked ABYSMAL.

And just my armchair amateur draft opinion, but I always thought Kevin White was more of a 2nd or 3rd round prospect that got hype-jobbed into the top ten picks. He can still be a good NFL player, but I never saw the Larry Fitzgerald comps that others were making. White feels more like a plus-sized version of Paul Richardson to me.

kearly

Reaction score
Sterling Shepard, Tajae Sharpe and Michael Thomas are in the best position to have fast starts as rookies. I kinda doubt that any of them will end up as top 24 WRs, but they can be good enough to help their teams, the same way a rookie Doug Baldwin did.

Latest posts