Anyone here into Fable 1/2? If so, I have Q's for ya!

FPD

Reaction score
I bought Fable 2 a couple of months ago after playing the first episode for FREE on Xbox Live (way more in-depth than any other demo/trial that I've tried!). I also bought all of its expansion packs and have been seriously hooked since! I just love how everything you do effects not only your looks and other minor things, but mainly the fact that there are so many chances to make choices that effect your path through the game. Of course, having a lot of easily attainable achievements is pretty nice too!

I have a few questions for those of you that have played Fable and/or Fable 2 and enjoyed playing them/it:

First, for those that have played Fable (i.e. Not referring to Fable 2 here), do you think it's worth buying a used one for $10? They seem to be going for 7-10 bucks used on eBay (including shipping) and I was thinking of getting it since I like Fable 2 so much. Or is it just not even worth playing? And I don't mind the lower quality graphics (it's an original Xbox game) as long as the game is fun as well as similar to Fable 2 in plot versatility/game playability/etc.

This question is for those that have played the first two Fable games and at least somewhat liked playing them. When Fable 2 came out, in hindsight, would the advances/changes in Fable 2 from Fable 1 justify buying Fable 2 new when it first came out (i.e. about $60).

For everyone who has played either game, what do you think about the direction of Fable 3? Linky Thingy

Thanks for your input guys!!!

p.s. A friend of mine just asked if I knew of any "End Times" or "Revelation" end of the world/apocalypse/Heaven vs. Hell type of game(s) out there. I completely have no clue. Even after googling. Thanks!

dino26

Reaction score
Fable 3 is gonna be awesome .. correct me if im wrong but are you not gonna play as the king's son

Snohomie

Reaction score
So I've played Fable 1 but not 2. I was just talking to a friend who played 2, however, and he says he thought one was slightly more fun. I know I had a blast with it (if I had a 360, I'd have bought Fable 2 in a heartbeat just because I enjoyed 1 so much), so I'd recommend grabbing it for 10 bucks.

That's really all I can contribute.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Had Fable on Xbox but I came out disappointed not by the game but my Peter Molynuex...

Fable was great but they promised a lot with the game design. Felt it was a more linear and adult Legend of Zelda type game.

Smurf

Reaction score
Hey dude,

Since you have already played Fable 2, i would skip on Fable 1. One feels incomplete in comparison. I did not enjoy 1, but i LOVED 2.

As far as end of the earth games, i dont know, but I do know that Mass Effect 2 is an End of the Universe game. It is FANTASTIC. However, Mass Effect 2 is made better by playing the first one. So i recommend Mass Effect 1 and 2 to your friend (and you, they are similar to fable in the style). Mass Effect 2 is probably the best video game i have ever played.

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
Smurf":wh186iax said:
Hey dude, Since you have already played Fable 2, i would skip on Fable 1. One feels incomplete in comparison. I did not enjoy 1, but i LOVED 2.

One of my friends told me the same thing. But it is only 10 bucks...delivered. So I'm still on the fence with some others liking it enough to think it'd still be worth buying.

Smurf":wh186iax said:
As far as end of the earth games, i don't know, but I do know that Mass Effect 2 is an End of the Universe game. It is FANTASTIC. However, Mass Effect 2 is made better by playing the first one. So i recommend Mass Effect 1 and 2 to your friend (and you, they are similar to fable in the style). Mass Effect 2 is probably the best video game i have ever played.

Thanks for the input there Smurf. I'll pass it along. Although, I'm gonna check Xbox Live and see what demos/trials are available for the Mass Effect line and see if I like them. You never know!

Oh, another friend of mine told me to tell him to checkout Darksiders. It actually looks kinda cool:

[youtube]ArHzEGeiMbg[/youtube]​

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
Well, it's on sale for 800 MS points ($10) for download (along with GTA San Andreas and one of the Max Payne games) on XBOX Live. Granted, it doesn't come with a printed manual, CD, nor case. However, I don't have to listen to the disc spinning, I almost never even open manuals, I'll never have a scratched disc that doesn't work, and I can always re-download it if my XBOX goes bad!!

So anyway, I just bought and downloaded Fable to my Xbox. I'll be playing it later tonight. Thanks for the input guys!

Now I'm thinking about downloading GTA:SA since it's only 10 bucks. I just keep debating whether or not it's worth it lol!

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Hey anyone still play this game?

I just bought it and I am looknig for someone to play online with. Screen name is Fudwamper.

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
Fudwamper":pg23dyzt said:
Hey anyone still play this game?

I just bought it and I am looking for someone to play online with. Screen name is Fudwamper.
I play it - as a matter of fact, I just finished. When are you on?