MLB the Show 10

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: MLB the Show 10
Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:24 pm
  • You don't get an IQ test, but you can "choose" between (I think, I'm trusting my roommate on this) 3 teams when you start out or be drafted. I've made 2 players, my roommate 1, and all three get drafted by the Oakland Athletics, so something seems fishy.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *
     
    Posts: 3591
    Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: MLB the Show 10
Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm
  • dino26 wrote:
    SundayNiteBlackout wrote:My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

    Hell yes.



    Did you just sim a few seaons then


    Nope, I played every game, but I don't field or run the bases, so it goes quick.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    Image
    User avatar
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present
     
    Posts: 1069
    Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: MLB the Show 10
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm
  • I just bat and field. Baserunning is for chumps... or guys that have like 35 SPD like my character.

    Who wants to play an online game? Add me and send me a request "sammyc521."
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

    Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

    "YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    User avatar
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
    Location: Pacific Ocean


Re: MLB the Show 10
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:You don't get an IQ test, but you can "choose" between (I think, I'm trusting my roommate on this) 3 teams when you start out or be drafted. I've made 2 players, my roommate 1, and all three get drafted by the Oakland Athletics, so something seems fishy.


    This doesn't sound right.

    My version was either 'Enter Draft' or be drafted by 'Favorite Team' (One small annoyance I've found. If you want to play a franchise with your profile, it has to be your 'Favorite Team'. I'm planning to do a Mariners 'Chise thread because I just get that bored at times, but I have to change my 'Favorite Team' back in order to do so because I had it set as KC to play THEM, etc...)

    Either way, I've been drafted by a few different teams depending on how I made the player. Not sure the draft matters -- Your first few years, you're 'Trade Bait'.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: MLB the Show 10
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm
  • Pretty much seems like you're just waiting to hit FA so you have a choice of where you'll play.

    Has anyone demanded a trade?
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

    Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

    "YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    User avatar
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
    Location: Pacific Ocean


Re: MLB the Show 10
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 am
  • sammyc521 wrote:Pretty much seems like you're just waiting to hit FA so you have a choice of where you'll play.

    Has anyone demanded a trade?



    Im playing 08 till 10 arrives and today i demanded a trade and then was told im valuable to the team and wont be traded ...10 games later i was traded to the cubs !
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 am
  • SundayNiteBlackout wrote:
    dino26 wrote:
    SundayNiteBlackout wrote:My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

    Hell yes.



    Did you just sim a few seaons then


    Nope, I played every game, but I don't field or run the bases, so it goes quick.



    In 08 can you do this and if so where do you go to do it
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:59 pm
  • My copy arrived today gonna start RTTS after dinner
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 am
  • Started RTTS and i got drafted by the orioles , im a SP but currently am the RP in the AA team
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 am
  • Arrrrrgh.

    I'm almost a month into my KC Franchise and just dropped a hair-puller to the Mariners.

    Up 4-3 with men on 1st and 2nd in the top of the 9th. Hochevar pitched a pretty awesome game... 7 shutout innings to the 2 runs Felix gave up. He was tired and with the leadoff hitter rapping a solid into center field, I thought it'd be safer to go with Juan Cruz. Cruz blew it, and we had to scrabble back from 2-3.

    Anyway, with two on and one out in the 9th. Soria gets his ground ball to short. Win!! No... wait. Yunieski Betancourt BOOTS the ball, safe all around. Next batter ropes one into the gap.

    We did struggle back to push it into the 11th inning, but that was the game right there. Yuni, you bastard. I'm calling up Aviles.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm
  • Beautiful... just like in real life.

    Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

    On our way to the AAA post season.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

    Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

    "YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    User avatar
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4192
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
    Location: Pacific Ocean


Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:59 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Beautiful... just like in real life.

    Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

    On our way to the AAA post season.


    I may start a mariners or mets franchise soon though


    Me neither , am i right in saying Aroldis Chapman and Stephen Strasburg wont be in it till they played a regular MLB game
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 am
  • A batch of trades has brightened the Royals' prospects...

    We shopped Zack Greinke, and ended up finding a buyer for Cover Boy Joe Mauer (Yeah, right). It was Greinke, Brayan Pena, and a high-potential prospect pitcher for Mauer and Slowey.

    At the moment, we're something like 11-27, and paying through the ass for a 14 million dollar catcher we might have no chance of resigning, but...

    Y'know, now that I lay it out like that it doesn't seem like as much of a steal, considering Zack was locked into a three-year deal.

    Hrm, buyer's remorse moment.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 am
  • Im now the SP of the AA team doing not bad but i need to work on my CB
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am
  • I'm gonna hold off on starting a franchise until we got another patch and Knight from operationsports puts out his full minor league rosters.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    Image
    User avatar
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present
     
    Posts: 1069
    Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm
  • I got traded to the diamondbacks and am playing in there AA team
    Image
    Image GO HAWKS !

    Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    User avatar
    dino26
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 510
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 pm
  • So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

    Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.
    User avatar
    Dietrich
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 412
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:08 pm


Re: MLB the Show 10
Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm
  • Dietrich wrote:So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

    Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.


    Actually, just don't fail 3 straight times. If you fail the first two, then do the last one you won't get demoted. So, what I do, is I pick one that is fairly easy to do, do it, then I'm safe to spend point on whatever I want to the other times.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    Image
    User avatar
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present
     
    Posts: 1069
    Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: MLB the Show 10
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 am
  • Maybe that's my problem. I'm on All-Star at All Times.

    Meanwhile, I'm starting to think KC is just Suckville... Mauer came over and started hitting under .300.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: MLB the Show 10
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 am
  • My plan is to play on Rookie until my guy is no longer craptastic then progressively up the difficulty until I see realistic results.
    User avatar
    Dietrich
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 412
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:08 pm


Re: MLB the Show 10
Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am
  • i wish i had ps3 cuz mlb 2k10 sucks
    Image
    User avatar
    Minne
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1118
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 2:30 pm
    Location: Camano Island


Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 pm
  • Oh, Jeez. Don't bother.

    Franchise mode has a Death Bug. Upon reaching the trade deadline... teams just randomly place an assload of all-stars on waivers. Day after trade deadline, BAM. You can just cruise the waiver wire and pick up a full all-star lineup. There are supposedly some work-around fixes like controlling all 30 teams and turning only manual trades on, etc... But that kinda defeats the purpose of playing franchise mode to me. If there are no opposing GMs, where's the strategy?

    Supposedly they'll START work on the patch at the end of the month, but I don't know if this particular will be addressed, or if it'll nix existing franchises, etc.

    What a gargantuan PITA. Yay, sports games.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1656
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Next


It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests