My 2k10 Travhawks

TravTex

Reaction score
So I caved to my football addiction and picked up Madden 10 for PS3. Starting off 2010 at 2-0 with road wins against the Chargers and the Cardinals. Blew the Cards the hell out, and won 50-27 with my second string in for the entire 4th Quarter.

Major Changes:

Head Coach: Norv Turner (Mora didn't do as horrible as real life, going 8-8 in '09. BUT, he is Jim Mora, so screw him. Pursued Ron Rivera at first, but was outbid by, coincidentally, the Chargers.... whom we whupped 23-20 in the season opener.)

QB: Hass went down with a season-ending injury in the 2009 Preseason, and never saw another Travhawks snap. I made a quick trade for the 2009 and current 2010 starting QB, Kevin Kolb. Kolb is putting up some pretty numbers, though there's some inconsistency and he gets knocked around quite a bit. Part of that's the offensive line. Hass was cut, and signed with the Vikings as a 77 overall backup. My rookie, Kevin Columbus, is really pushing Kolb for the starting spot (78 overall both), and looks like he might not be a star, but could be a solid game manager. He scouted out with a 95 accuracy, and he's great with the play action. Kolb is better on the run, so this suits our iffy O-Line better for now.

HB: Forsett wanted starting RB money. I was not willing to part with starting RB money for him. Instead, I gave it to Lendale White. White is splitting time with a rookie, T.Mathis. Mathis is scary with potential but dumb as a brick. 98 speed, 60 awareness.

FB: Schmitt is backed up by an A-potential rookie I snagged in the 6th or 7th round. 'Bart Weismiker'. Tell me that doesn't sound like a FB.

WR: Cut Branch, sitting with Housh and Burleson as the starters. Picked up David Clowney for a decent rate and stuck him in the slot. A couple of promising rookies round it out.

OL: Ouch. Jones, Sims, Vallos, Unger, Doug Free <-- Our starters. Some potential young guys waiting in the wings, but this is an area of deep concern. I might juggle some things around, put one of the rookies at guard and move Unger to center.

DL: Not much changed here.

LB: Ditto. Some new faces here and there in depth, and I resigned Hawthorne to... well, apparently sit on the bench. Shame.

CB: Picked up William Gay, but otherwise pretty much unchanged.

S: Babs and Grant, still, though I have an A-potential FS that could move into the starting role pretty quickly. Also have Roy Williams plugging in at spot duty here and there in the secondary.

K, P: Everybody gets new contracts, everybody stays.

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
Made it to 5-3, and then one morning, "Data Corrupted". At the moment, Madden and I aren't talking.

I'm finding the PS3 to have QUITE a bit more of the whole 'Data Corrupted' losses of save game files than I ever had with the 360. Granted, the 360 died -completely- so that is technically worse, but still frustrating nonetheless.

(Borderlands was the worst about it.)

Snohomie

Reaction score
You might want to get your PS3 looked at. I've now had mine for 2 year and I haven't lost anything I've wanted to data corruption (I did lose a few, but from over a year ago and I have no idea from what game(s). Only noticed them as I was deleting my saved data to make room for another movie on the HD).

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
It's had a few random turn-offs, as well. Just hasn't reached the level of annoying to suffer through tech support, yet.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Stopped playing as the Seahawks because I can't stand to look at Mora on the sidelines. And our teams sucks, just like in real life.