Big 12 back to 12 teams?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall came out this week and said he wants BYU to join the Big 12. The only way I see that happening is if a second team joins at the same time so they can have a conference championship game. So with that said, who do you think should join the Big 12 alongside BYU? My guess is Cincinnati to get them into the heart of Big 10 country, or maybe Boise State.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":13t3nahq said:
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall came out this week and said he wants BYU to join the Big 12. The only way I see that happening is if a second team joins at the same time so they can have a conference championship game. So with that said, who do you think should join the Big 12 alongside BYU? My guess is Cincinnati to get them into the heart of Big 10 country, or maybe Boise State.

I came out this week and said I want to hookup with Kate Upton, doesn't mean she will do it. BYU hasn't ever been invited to a big boy table, just because Bronco wants to doesn't mean anything, unless they are bringing bama or SC with them.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
BYU will never join a big conference, unless it's football only. They do not play sports on Sundays, and almost all other sports than football do play games on Sundays. Also, they are not a research university and they do not have graduate programs, so not sure they would fit in with any of the top conferences.

That and they are freakin mormons.

halfrack

Reaction score
CPHawk":51v7bgvr said:
SeatownJay":51v7bgvr said:

I came out this week and said I want to hookup with Kate Upton, doesn't mean she will do it. BYU hasn't ever been invited to a big boy table, just because Bronco wants to doesn't mean anything, unless they are bringing bama or SC with them.

I rolled over and told her what you said. She'll be calling you dude!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MLOhawks":8knowil8 said:
BYU will never join a big conference, unless it's football only. They do not play sports on Sundays, and almost all other sports than football do play games on Sundays. Also, they are not a research university and they do not have graduate programs, so not sure they would fit in with any of the top conferences.

This. I believe the Pac-10 was interested in adding BYU, but the Sunday thing and the other parameters made them turn their focus to getting Utah to join instead, since they met all those pre-reqs

BYU should have never left the Mountain West. They had a sweet deal with them and its probably the best 'mid-major' conference at this point.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2f6sglh0 said:
MLOhawks":2f6sglh0 said:

This. I believe the Pac-10 was interested in adding BYU, but the Sunday thing and the other parameters made them turn their focus to getting Utah to join instead, since they met all those pre-reqs

BYU should have never left the Mountain West. They had a sweet deal with them and its probably the best 'mid-major' conference at this point.

The Pac 10/12 has never been interested in adding BYU, for many reasons. They were never considered.