Big 12 back to 12 teams?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Big 12 back to 12 teams?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 am
  • BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall came out this week and said he wants BYU to join the Big 12. The only way I see that happening is if a second team joins at the same time so they can have a conference championship game. So with that said, who do you think should join the Big 12 alongside BYU? My guess is Cincinnati to get them into the heart of Big 10 country, or maybe Boise State.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Big 12 back to 12 teams?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:40 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall came out this week and said he wants BYU to join the Big 12. The only way I see that happening is if a second team joins at the same time so they can have a conference championship game. So with that said, who do you think should join the Big 12 alongside BYU? My guess is Cincinnati to get them into the heart of Big 10 country, or maybe Boise State.

I came out this week and said I want to hookup with Kate Upton, doesn't mean she will do it. BYU hasn't ever been invited to a big boy table, just because Bronco wants to doesn't mean anything, unless they are bringing bama or SC with them.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:05 pm
  • BYU will never join a big conference, unless it's football only. They do not play sports on Sundays, and almost all other sports than football do play games on Sundays. Also, they are not a research university and they do not have graduate programs, so not sure they would fit in with any of the top conferences.

That and they are freakin mormons.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:52 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall came out this week and said he wants BYU to join the Big 12. The only way I see that happening is if a second team joins at the same time so they can have a conference championship game. So with that said, who do you think should join the Big 12 alongside BYU? My guess is Cincinnati to get them into the heart of Big 10 country, or maybe Boise State.

I came out this week and said I want to hookup with Kate Upton, doesn't mean she will do it. BYU hasn't ever been invited to a big boy table, just because Bronco wants to doesn't mean anything, unless they are bringing bama or SC with them.

I rolled over and told her what you said. She'll be calling you dude!
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 pm
  • MLOhawks wrote:BYU will never join a big conference, unless it's football only. They do not play sports on Sundays, and almost all other sports than football do play games on Sundays. Also, they are not a research university and they do not have graduate programs, so not sure they would fit in with any of the top conferences.

This. I believe the Pac-10 was interested in adding BYU, but the Sunday thing and the other parameters made them turn their focus to getting Utah to join instead, since they met all those pre-reqs

BYU should have never left the Mountain West. They had a sweet deal with them and its probably the best 'mid-major' conference at this point.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    MLOhawks wrote:BYU will never join a big conference, unless it's football only. They do not play sports on Sundays, and almost all other sports than football do play games on Sundays. Also, they are not a research university and they do not have graduate programs, so not sure they would fit in with any of the top conferences.

This. I believe the Pac-10 was interested in adding BYU, but the Sunday thing and the other parameters made them turn their focus to getting Utah to join instead, since they met all those pre-reqs

BYU should have never left the Mountain West. They had a sweet deal with them and its probably the best 'mid-major' conference at this point.

The Pac 10/12 has never been interested in adding BYU, for many reasons. They were never considered.
    Super Bowl Champions

Conference Champions
    2005, 2013

Division Champions
    1988, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013

"Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information