Teams that draft 2 WRs this year

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Teams that draft 2 WRs this year
Sun May 25, 2014 10:26 am
  • The 2014 Draft was considered by many as one of the best WR drafts in a while. Not because it had a large elite group at the top but because the tier 2 and tier 3 WR groups were so deep. So if there is a year to pluck two WR's it would be this year. Let's take a look at the teams that were smart and spent early picks rd 1-5 on two WR's.

Jacksonville:
    R2 #39 Marquis Lee
    R2 #61 Allen Robinson

Philidelphia:
    R2 #42 Jordan Matthews
    R3 #86 Josh Huff

Seattle:
    R2 #45 Paul Richardson
    R4 #123 Kevin Norwood

NYJ:
    R4 #104 Jalen Saunders
    R4 #115 Shaq Evans

GB:
    R2 #53 Davante Adams
    R5 #176 Jared Abbrederis

Of those teams who's WR duo will be considered the best by the end of their rookie seasons, and in 3 years from now?

4 of the 5 teams on this list are connected, Schneider came from GB and brought many of their drafting techniques with him. Idziki and Bradley are both former Seahawks who have power in their position with the Jets and Jags. Philly is the only odd one out but with the loss of DJack and Maclin coming off an ACL tear it makes sense to load up on WR's. I'm most surprised Carolina and NE did not spend more.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Teams that draft 2 WRs this year
Sun May 25, 2014 3:07 pm
  • I think Jacksonville will see the most benefit as a duo, I think one of the others will show better numbers as he will have vets taken coverage off him and letting him prove himself.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 am
  • The jags are siting pretty with Lee and Arob to pair with shorts and maybe blackmon. i think at least one of them are going to turn out good and just need a qb to throw to them. if bortles turn out ok they might have a probowl season or two but i LOVE the WRs we picked up and im hoping we turn out with the best duo
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 am
  • Philly and Green Bay. Coaching/schemes will get those four receivers the best chance to succeed.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 pm
  • I'd wager that Davante Adams has the best statistical career of them all. I also think Jax with a decent QB could end up with a top ten WR corps by year two.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:57 pm
  • Don't forget Green Bay also drafted combine workout wonder, Jeff Janis from Saginaw Valley St in the 7th.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 am
  • Unfortunately if we are talking about talent or success we are talking about two different things. I think Matthews and Huff are better football players than they are talented WRs, but Huff obviously knows the offense and is connected to Kelly, and with the loss of Desean Jackson there will be a lot of opportunity for those guys to have immediate production.

Adams, Abbrederis, and Janis could be interesting with Aaron Rodgers and that offense.

Jacksonville has the most talented duo, but unfortunately I think the Jags just drafted a slightly better version of Jake Locker with that 3rd overall pick to throw to those new targets. They really should have taken Watkins there, and traded up for Manziel later.

Shaq Evans is under-rated but any WR that goes to the Jets is boned.

I think Richardson will be to us what Stephen Williams was last year. He might finish with 500 yards but it will be on just 25 catches. He's a guy we will turn to when we are fishing for a big play, but I don't think we'll see him much otherwise.

Unless there are injuries, Norwood will probably be a healthy inactive all season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:10 pm
  • Jacksonville also got an undrafted stud in Damien Copeland who can be their Doug Baldwin type WR in a year when Cecil Shorts likely moves on.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:15 pm
  • kearly wrote:Unfortunately if we are talking about talent or success we are talking about two different things. I think Matthews and Huff are better football players than they are talented WRs, but Huff obviously knows the offense and is connected to Kelly, and with the loss of Desean Jackson there will be a lot of opportunity for those guys to have immediate production.

Adams, Abbrederis, and Janis could be interesting with Aaron Rodgers and that offense.

Jacksonville has the most talented duo, but unfortunately I think the Jags just drafted a slightly better version of Jake Locker with that 3rd overall pick to throw to those new targets. They really should have taken Watkins there, and traded up for Manziel later.

Shaq Evans is under-rated but any WR that goes to the Jets is boned.

I think Richardson will be to us what Stephen Williams was last year. He might finish with 500 yards but it will be on just 25 catches. He's a guy we will turn to when we are fishing for a big play, but I don't think we'll see him much otherwise.

Unless there are injuries, Norwood will probably be a healthy inactive all season.

Manziel over Blake Bortles really. Plus they scored Lee and Robinson, I like what they did this draft.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information