UW reinstates QB Miles, WR Stringfellow is gone

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• I call that a loss for the UW team, Stringfellow was probably the better player out of the 2.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Really wish they were reversed lol. I would rather have Stingfellow than Miles.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• From a football standpoint, too bad, from a normal human being standpoint, I'd have thrown them both out of school.
    drrew
    NET Starter

• Throwdown wrote:I call that a loss for the UW team, Stringfellow was probably the better player out of the 2.

Yep, thats a big loss. I don't think Cyler was ever going to beat out Troy Williams, but Stringfellow can play on Sundays. Dang
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• They are both an embarrassment to the University. But I am all for giving young people second chances. When news of the bs they pulled came out I wanted them both gone.

Now I'm OK with allowing Miles to stay. Not a fan of him, and he's on double secret probation.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I for second chances but he will really have to prove he deserves to stay, I wouldn't be surprised if he transfer next year
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Stringfellow was the only one actually charged. So it makes sense there. Nobody is bigger than the team.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I remember when the story first broke and Miles was the only specific name mentioned in the initial report. Maybe it makes me a bad fan but I was very happy to hear that news, because watching some of those Miles games last year made me want to claw my eyes out when thinking about the possibility of him starting here for three years with that popgun arm.

My favorite returning player this year was Stringfellow. Karma is a bitch.

Oh well, we still have a few other good WRs, and if this whole episode results in the other QBs getting a fair shot at the starting job then that is a hell of a silver lining. But man, it didn't take a lot of imagination whatsoever to envision Stringfellow as a top 32 draft pick a couple years from now. Darn.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Stringfellow was the most talented returning offensive player. Not happy about the prospect of Miles starting, but if anyone can coax good QB play out of him, it is Chris Petersen. Kellen Moore had like a 180 QB rating with similar arm strength.

K.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Gawd.........

Not only is Miles a craptastic QB, but he's also a poor businessmen. He should have taken the rap, let String go onto make millions, then have String rescue him from his pending job at the carwash.

But I am glad String is gone. We don't need imbeciles like him on the team no matter how good he is. But to put this in Hawk talk, this would be like the Hawks losing Harvin but keeping Pryor. In fact, Miles and Pryor are quite similar. Both with throwing motions that should have been sorted out before High school.

We still have some great WRs on the team and if we have the right guy at QB, I expect Kasen, in particular, to have a year that will see him go 3rd rd in next year's draft. No, he's not the whole package (yet) but he excels at things most WRs are not interested in. Blocking in particular. I'd love to have him on the Hawks (surprise!). Go Dawgs!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote: .
    My favorite returning player this year was Stringfellow. Karma is a bitch..

So this is your fault, Kearly? What did you do? ; )
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I took schaudenfreud in Miles misery.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:I took schaudenfreud in Miles misery.

Woooooosh, right over my head, sir.

Who do you think ultimately wins the 1 spot, Kearly?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:K.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.

Well they have the benefit of spring practices. They won't get back together now until August. So Miles has a lot of catching up to do in a short period of time.

Hopefully this will work against him.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• hawknation2014 wrote:.J. Carta-Samuels and Jake Browning are better QBs than anyone on the roster, so the future at least looks bright.

Ummmm... :229031_confused2:

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Troy Williams was an elite QB prospect and will be the best on the roster until Skinny Eason (fingers crossed)
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Report out today says Stringfellow is transferring to Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ornhuskers
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• String wasn't kicked off the team, he opted to transfer for a fresh start. Which does suck, because he was going to have a monster year.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• UW announced today that Miles will be suspended for the season opener at Hawaii for his role in the incident.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... son-opener
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:UW announced today that Miles will be suspended for the season opener at Hawaii for his role in the incident.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... son-opener

This probably deserves it's own topic. Great news. It means we'll get at least one look at the other QB options, in a game that will probably be a shootout style game.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information