Pick #199, 6th Round: OT Garrett Scott, Marshall

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
6'5", 307 lbs. No NFL.com grade or analysis. Excellent size for the position and good overall experience and athleticism.

Couldn't find anything but high school highlights for this guy:

[youtube]aZctdb2nuxw[/youtube]

Our seventh pick of the draft. Discuss.

Rainger

Reaction score
Although it is so hard to find much about this guy CBS says the following:

STRENGTHS: Excellent size for the position and displays good overall athleticism, which helps him recover when beat initially. Anchors well in pass protection. Quick, active feet and gets to the second level quickly to engage linebackers. Blocks well on the move. Good experience as a three-year starter.

He sounded kind of surprised when interviewed by the FO. Think he was over whelmed by the pick.

At 6.5 294 he could be more athletic than say Carp. Maybe he has been drafted to be a guard competition.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rainger":1320fbxl said:
Although it is so hard to find much about this guy CBS says the following:

STRENGTHS: Excellent size for the position and displays good overall athleticism, which helps him recover when beat initially. Anchors well in pass protection. Quick, active feet and gets to the second level quickly to engage linebackers. Blocks well on the move. Good experience as a three-year starter.

He sounded kind of surprised when interviewed by the FO. Think he was over whelmed by the pick.
He should gratefully name his first born child, boy or girl, SPARQ

Rainger

Reaction score
His vertical leap is 33.5 inches, his 40 is 5.04 and he weighs 310 lbs. That is freakish. He played guard in college. I put my money on him competing at guard.

Rainger

Reaction score
razgriz737":3efdfmv3 said:
Pete says he likes Scott as a LT
Well they did ask him some awkward questions about Okung. Asked him if he knew about Okung and what his impressions were. The kid didn't know what to say stumbled over an answer so they said good by and hung up on him.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Only 11 replies to Mr. Scott's thread? Come on guys we got to be excited about this guy. I mean his SPARQ rating is amazing! (To be honest I have no idea what SPARQ ranks, but dang he has a really high number in it)

razgriz737

Reaction score
Blitzer88":19hj836c said:
Only 11 replies to Mr. Scott's thread? Come on guys we got to be excited about this guy. I mean is SPARQ rating is amazing! (To be honest I have no idea what SPARQ ranks, but dang he has a really high number in it)
There was another thread earlier that had like 30 replies but it looks like it's gone.

Rainger

Reaction score
razgriz737":nsm2vj7e said:
Blitzer88":nsm2vj7e said:
Only 11 replies to Mr. Scott's thread? Come on guys we got to be excited about this guy. I mean is SPARQ rating is amazing! (To be honest I have no idea what SPARQ ranks, but dang he has a really high number in it)
There was another thread earlier that had like 30 replies but it looks like it's gone.
well actually it was my thread and it only had 11 as well. That is why I asked Sailor to change it so he was the author. I was trying to figure why no one was commenting, thought maybe cause it was the only thread not in the Sailor stickies.

Obviously this guy is so obscure know one knows what to comment. I still think he will end up competing at left guard even though Pete talked about him at left tackle.

Rainger

Reaction score
In the comments of giving out grades at SI this is what they said about Garrett:
"Watch out for Marshall offensive tackle Garrett Scott as the possible sleeper pick — he has a lot of the qualities you’d like to see in a top-flight pass-blocker.

etanate

Reaction score
Yeah not a lot to say about someone no one knows, but I am glad they're addressing the offensive line. I thought they would pick more than 2 though

Tical21

Reaction score
Big, strong, really athletic, good feet. Potentially a good pass blocker.. What am I missing here? Why the 6th round? That reads like a 1st rounder. Is he dumb as a rock? Take plays off? Can't run block?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Well I can't figure out how to post a hyper link from the new format but there is a little info on him at the herdzone.com:

[urlhttp://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/garrett_scott_716436.html][/url]

Largent80

Reaction score
This pick could end up being the steal of the draft. If he can grasp a hold of the differences from college to nfl, we may have gotten our future LT for practically nothing.