Pick #45, 2nd Round: WR Paul Richardson, Colorado

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • 6"0", 175 lbs. Graded out at 5.2 on NFL.com. 40-yard dash in 4.40. Explosive speed guy they compared to Harvin.

NFL.com Analysis: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/paul-richardson?id=2543491

Our first pick of the draft. Discuss.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Who? All I know is he's a speedster.
    bandiger
    NET Rookie

• Excellent.

Poor man's Desean Jackson? Count me in.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• HansGruber wrote:Excellent.

Poor man's Desean Jackson? Count me in.

If he can hang on to the ball, look out. Good pick! :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hey! We picked somebody!
    glad2bdada3
    NET Practice Squad

• Small frame, but second fastest WR in the draft behind Cooks and the best route runner in the draft according to some experts.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• If they wanted WR with that pick I think I would have rather had Allen Robinson.
    drcool
    NET Rookie

HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... richardson

4.33 40YD

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/130 ... richardson

" ESPN analyst Louis Riddick notes that Colorado WR Paul Richardson runs the "deep route tree" similar to DeSean Jackson.
    "The way Richardson runs deep route tree reminds (me) of DeSean. Can carry speed through the "move point" as good as anyone," Riddick tweeted. Maturity and characters concerns aside, both Jackson and Richardson share the same type of frame (6'0/175 pounds) as well as explosiveness. If a team is looking for a vertical threat in the draft, Richardson could be had for a late second or third-round selection. "
    SuperFreak
    NET Starter

• Whoops
    Last edited by danbogart on Fri May 09, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    danbogart
    NET Practice Squad

• If we can get Brandon Coleman later too, we'll potentially still be set at WR for 4 years.
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

• Has the same frame as Deon Butler
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• Don't like it, wanted a tall physical WR
    OlyHawkFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• He reminds me so much of Desean Jackson it's not even funny.

This 1) makes me wonder if we really were interested in Desean Jackson earlier in the season .. and 2) Makes me happy because I would love that type of playmaker on offense.

That said.. I am surprised how highly rated he was by our FO. He was probably going to be there at 64 too one would think.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• This dude will be my adopt a rookie, I like this pick for some reason. I just can't place it..
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• PC and JS will forget more today about football than I will learn in my lifetime, but I don't get this pick. Really thought we should have got some OL at 40. I like the extra 4th (and 7th) but Richardson is awful slight for the NFL. Harvin, Rice and 170 lb Richardson? Again, I am not professing to be all knowing, but ASJ would have (even) been smarter, IMO. Can't wait to be proven wrong on this one.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• yeah, where is my 6'4 jump ball guy that we needed when we were struggling in the red zone last year?
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• A playmaker on the opposite end of Harvin, PC/JS surprise me.
    bandiger
    NET Rookie

• Team has not been great with receivers in the draft.
    Pick6
    NET Practice Squad

• Wanted a WR and we got one. Love it!

People should stop about the height stuff.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• The one hand grab in the highlights is sick. He gets separation, and Russ will get him theball.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• If the video I watched was any indication, one adjustment he's going to have to make is catching well thrown balls instead of ducks, lol.

Pretty excited about what he can do.
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter

• Might be a KR / PR candidate ?
    SuperFreak
    NET Starter

• Hasselbeck wrote:He was probably going to be there at 64 too one would think.

People said the same sort of thing about Bruce Irvin. It turned out not to be true.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• I have to admit I do trust the organization, and I realize there are many more picks, and we do well in later rounds however this is the most puzzling draft in the 5 years of these guys.

Another smallish WR was not what many of us had in mind. If they were going to go WR I would have preferred a bigger body and I still think our biggest need of O line should be the focus not another WR.

Oh well I know that I don't know anything. (and therefore I don't need some post from someone riding my ass for my opinion)
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• If I have learned one thing over the last handful of drafts, it is that I'm going to go with whatever Schneider and Carroll pick. If they picked this kid, that's good enough for me.

Stoked to see him in a Seahawks uniform and see what he can do. With two speedy WRs in Richardson and Harvin, Russell Wilson will finally have some options when we face that stifling Arizona secondary again this season.

That was our biggest problem against the Cards at home. Tate, Baldwin and Kearse didn't get an inch of separation that entire game. It was painful to watch. They were just too slow. Petersen is freakishly fast, and had no problem in man coverage. Hopefully with Harvin and Richardson out there, we'll force Arizona into more zone coverage schemes, and maybe we see Wilson do some special things underneath and with his legs.

I'm freakin STOKED!!!! Welcome to the World Champion Seahawks, Richardson!
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Pick6 wrote:Team has not been great with receivers in the draft.

Yeah Tate sucked for us...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I'm worried about his durability. Already had knee issues and ankle issues. Missed all of 2012 because of injury.

But I like the speed.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Quick receivers get re-separated when Russ is scrambling. I'm good with this pick! On my mobile right now, does he punt return? :)
    daveman918
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, not sure a out this one. Plenty of other good WRs left on the board. All I see with this guy is speed. Most of the scouting reports I have read says he has very average hands.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Correct me if I'm wrong, is he the same WR that was on NFL Network this morning saying he ran a 4.28 in January? That's fast really fast

"Linebacker, it's not like it's rocket science," Tatupu said with a laugh. "Just hit the man with the ball."
    Knoxioushawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Chukarhawk wrote:yeah, where is my 6'4 jump ball guy that we needed when we were struggling in the red zone last year?

We have seven more picks to grab a bigger receiver.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• HawkWow wrote:The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.

The drafts over?! :shock:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:yeah, where is my 6'4 jump ball guy that we needed when we were struggling in the red zone last year?

His name is Chris Matthews
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• It makes sense. They found success with Richard. How can they go wrong with Richard-san?
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Don't like the pick. with his size he won't help us on 4th and goal and we won't be able to protect the qb long enough for this guy to run his deep tree routes.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:yeah, where is my 6'4 jump ball guy that we needed when we were struggling in the red zone last year?

His name is Chris Matthews

What I was thinking too...
    daveman918
    NET Rookie

• Way better pick than Jordan Matthews would have been. People obsess over tall WRs for redzone production, yet Richardson scored more TDs than Matthews last year on less targets. I'm excited for this kid.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• The more I see of this guy, the more I like the pick. A lot of crazy speed, some circus catches, one-handed catches, catches with guys draped all over him, some great separation -- all good stuff. If this guy plays to his potential, we have the possibility of having Speed Thing 1 and Speed Thing 2 with he and Harvin lining up across from each other. Having an explosion of fast receivers coming out at you on pass plays is a pretty dangerous thing for defenses.

And for those who want a big body WR, there are still guys like that out there, and we have a bunch more picks coming up. Stay tuned!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Colorado has had awful QBs, don't have the stats but they were just average at passing last year statistically with two different QBs and this guy still went for 1300 yards & 10 tds. He'll be amazing in our offense.
    hieroglyphics
    NET Practice Squad

• When plays breakdown and Russ is running around out of the pocket, it will be hard for DBs to stay glued to him because of that speed/agility.

When thinking of it, I kind of like it!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.

Glad you liked the pick. I didn't. You have a problem with that?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Anyone knows if there are any more concerns about Percy durability? We resigned Sidney Rice. We got Percy, Jerome and Dough and Lockette. Why do we need another receiver when we have other positions of need?
    My only explanation is that Percy might not be right ... or maybe they are thinking about ... dumping Percy next year to free money for RW?
    This is not an innocent pick. There is a plan behind it.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• Now we need some O line help so RW will have time to get him the ball.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Save a place at the table for us "Big Willie"
    halfrack
    NET Rookie

• HawkWow wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:The only people happier than the Richardsons with this pick is the other 3 D lines in the NFCW.

Glad you liked the pick. I didn't. You have a problem with that?

I just didn't realize that 45 was the only time to upgrade our OL
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• halfrack wrote:Now we need some O line help so RW will have time to get him the ball.

THIS: :13:
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• joeseahawks wrote:Anyone knows if there are any more concerns about Percy durability? We resigned Sidney Rice. We got Percy, Jerome and Dough and Lockette. Why do we need another receiver when we have other positions of need?
    My only explanation is that Percy might not be right ... or maybe they are thinking about ... dumping Percy next year to free money for RW?
    This is not an innocent pick. There is a plan behind it.

...90% of this board thought WR was the team's biggest need. There's no conspiracy here. We lost Tate and drafted someone to fill that hole. Relax.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:The more I see of this guy, the more I like the pick. A lot of crazy speed, some circus catches, one-handed catches, catches with guys draped all over him, some great separation -- all good stuff. If this guy plays to his potential, we have the possibility of having Speed Thing 1 and Speed Thing 2 with he and Harvin lining up across from each other. Having an explosion of fast receivers coming out at you on pass plays is a pretty dangerous thing for defenses.

And for those who want a big body WR, there are still guys like that out there, and we have a bunch more picks coming up. Stay tuned!

Richardson is a great WR. But sitting out a year with injuries and entering the NFL at 170 is a bit spooky for me. But again, Pete and JS live and breathe all of this and I have total confidence in them (despite some recent head scratchers).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information