Seahawks trying to trade out of round1

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks | Could move out of first round

Thu, 08 May 2014 16:49:48 -0700
Seattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider said he has talked with a few teams about the possibility of trading out of the first round and believes that is a realistic option for the Seahawks.

Comment | Source: NFL.com - Chris Wesseling | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz31Ar0y8XS

you go John!

sutz

Reaction score
I could live with it.

From a player talent perspective, #32 is a glorified 2d anyway.

:229031_shrug:

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Trying to stay positive here, but I'd bet teams try to move in front on CLE shortly. If not, NE or Santa Clara will trade out first, leaving limited number of trading partners left.

:49ersmall:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I see the logic of a trade, but I kind of think taking Lee/Latimer/Robinson may have trumped the 4th rounder.

We'll see though.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
"in a van DOWN by the river" Pete told us what he was going to do with his first hint.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32owihwc said:
I see the logic of a trade, but I kind of think taking Lee/Latimer/Robinson may have trumped the 4th rounder.

We'll see though.
Good chance one of those guys is there in 8 picks. then JS will pick a pro bowler with the extra 4th

lsheldon

Reaction score
Vikings now have our 3rd rounder too. What did we get for that one, a pick or two next year?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Timmahawk":2qsm8n1o said:
Hasselbeck":2qsm8n1o said:

We'll see though.
Good chance one of those guys is there in 8 picks. then JS will pick a pro bowler with the extra 4th

Well Houston is going QB in all likelihood .. so really its picks 34-39 we'd have to worry about. However I can see a run on WR's coming.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2z4lek6w said:
Timmahawk":2z4lek6w said:
Hasselbeck":2z4lek6w said:

We'll see though.

Well Houston is going QB in all likelihood .. so really its picks 34-39 we'd have to worry about. However I can see a run on WR's coming.

We have a shot at
WR: Latimer, Lee, Mathews
OT: Moses, Bitonio, Kouandjio
OG: Su'a-Filo
TE: Amaro
DT: Nix, Jernigan, Hageman
LB: Attaochu, Lawerence

I could make an argument for any of these players, and we will have our pick of probably 5-8 of them...it's a good day to be a hawk!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1cq6mgxb said:
Down ten spots to get a 4th rounder?? Meh...saves us money at best.

It's 8 picks, not 10. The trade value is fair.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":38o12ivl said:
kthebestwayw":38o12ivl said:
Down ten spots to get a 4th rounder?? Meh...saves us money at best.

It's 8 picks, not 10. The trade value is fair.
Not really. Based on the trade value chart (which, granted, isn't the letter of the law) it wasn't nearly as good/fair of a trade as it could/should have been for the Hawks. The Hawks should have also gotten the Vikes' 6th round pick to make the points match up. If the Vikes simply refused to part with any more picks (likely the case since they're not over-loaded with picks a la SF or JAX), the Hawks should have at least gotten them to trade places with us in the 5th round (i.e. their early 5 for our late 5) for added value. It was an okay trade, but not a great one.

Latest posts