Mayocks mock draft.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Mayocks mock draft.
Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Mayocks mock draft.
Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am
  • That is a pick I cannot get on board with. I think that would be about as bad of a pick as we could make, especially considering we turned 3 late round DBs and a UDFA from Canada into top of the line starting DBs in this league.

Not sure I got my point across?? Haha, I kid.
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 am
  • I saw this on the crawl on NFLN late last night and was very surprised. I just don't see this at all.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 am
  • Even if he is Sherman's equal, I don't know that I like that pick.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 am
  • That pick makes no sense so I bet he is spot on. Pete and John always do the unexpected so who knows? What would make sense is to trade down but you need a dance partner for that.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:Even if he is Sherman's equal, I don't know that I like that pick.

Umm....what?!
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am
  • A few nights ago he had us picking Amaro. I think he has churned out 500 different mocs covering almost all of his baces.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:39 am
  • During the PC/JS era, the Seahawks have not taken any CB higher than round 4 (Thurmond, 2010). The only DB we have drafted higher than round 4 was Earl Thomas in 2010. All other DB's were drafted in round 5 or later.

Even though Baptiste may fit a "profile", the front office has never shown any rush to draft a CB high in the draft, and seems to be confident in their ability to uncover under-valued talent.

But Mayock is the expert, what do we know
    Spleenhawk2.0
    NET Rookie

Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am
  • Spleenhawk2.0 wrote:During the PC/JS era, the Seahawks have not taken any CB higher than round 4 (Thurmond, 2010). The only DB we have drafted higher than round 4 was Earl Thomas in 2010. All other DB's were drafted in round 5 or later.

Even though Baptiste may fit a "profile", the front office has never shown any rush to draft a CB high in the draft, and seems to be confident in their ability to uncover under-valued talent.

But Mayock is the expert, what do we know

Spot on.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am
  • Byron Maxwell replacement after this season.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:Even if he is Sherman's equal, I don't know that I like that pick.

Umm....what?!

I'm thinking similar to how JS says he grades the roster. Look at Bmax. In the short time he was the starter he performed at probably 90% of Sherman's level. The question is, do you think all of these elite CB's are falling in the draft, or do you think Caroll's system/coaching takes good athletes and turns them into elite CB's? If you believe the later(I do), then a CB who is small upgrade over the incumbent (that's ignoring Lane and Simon as well) is not worth a 1st rd pick. I'd rather them upgrade the roster elswehere.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:A few nights ago he had us picking Amaro. I think he has churned out 500 different mocs covering almost all of his baces.

Mayock is the guy who had that story about the Seahawks trading down in the first round. He said in that he thought we'd probably trade out of the first round.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:55 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:Even if he is Sherman's equal, I don't know that I like that pick.

Umm....what?!

I'm thinking similar to how JS says he grades the roster. Look at Bmax. In the short time he was the starter he performed at probably 90% of Sherman's level. The question is, do you think all of these elite CB's are falling in the draft, or do you think Caroll's system/coaching takes good athletes and turns them into elite CB's? If you believe the later(I do), then a CB who is small upgrade over the incumbent (that's ignoring Lane and Simon as well) is not worth a 1st rd pick. I'd rather them upgrade the roster elswehere.

So you're saying we don't need 2 elite CBs?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:55 am
  • We have a Brandon Browner replacement and its name is Anabolic Steroids
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:

Umm....what?!

Schneider doesn't go along with the common wisdom in the NFL and he makes his own assesments of these players and gets steals in the draft--Russell Wilson dropped because he was supposedly too short, Sherman supposedly too slow.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 11:55 am
  • If we go corner early it'll need to be a special athlete. SJB can jump, but he is not a special athlete.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 12:02 pm
  • I think SJB goes in the 1st round, but not to us.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:

Umm....what?!

So you're saying we don't need 2 elite CBs?

I'm saying we don't need to draft an elite CB in the 1st round. I believe the Hawks coaching staff can turn less than elite CB's into elite CB's and so do not need to spend the 1st rd capital on one.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 2:26 pm
  • If SJB is Sherman's equal, you won't have to worry about drafting him at 32.

These mocks are like the famous anatomical feature that everyone has. Feel free to adopt
    the ones you love and hate on the ones you disagree with. It's mock drafting. Mayock
    at least is talking from the perspective of a former NFL jock, most are not.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm
  • That's just Mayock saying "damn I'm tired of this, I'll just start throwing shit at the wall and see what stick" Seattle, DB." There, done!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu May 08, 2014 2:58 pm
  • I think it's unlikely he's available, and I actually have a few available players ahead of him, but if the coaches think he's the best available player who could contribute on this team, then I hope they take him. Draft the best available player, period.

It would be more competition for Maxwell, who we may not be able to re-sign next year.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information