Rangs Final Mock, Best Case Scenario IMO

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Rangs Final Mock, Best Case Scenario IMO
Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 am
  • Rob Rangs final mock has us trading down out of the 1st round, picking Joel Bitonio with the 7th pick in the 2nd round, and then picking Jordan Matthews with the 32nd pick in the 2nd round.

If we came out of the 1st 2 rounds with an extra pick (or picks), Joel Bitonio, and Jordan Matthews I would be absolutely ecstatic. I'm having a hard time imagining a better (realistic) scenario than that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock ... t/rob-rang
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:Rob Rangs final mock has us trading down out of the 1st round, picking Joel Bitonio with the 7th pick in the 2nd round, and then picking Jordan Matthews with the 32nd pick in the 2nd round.

If we came out of the 1st 2 rounds with an extra pick (or picks), Joel Bitonio, and Jordan Matthews I would be absolutely ecstatic. I'm having a hard time imagining a better (realistic) scenario than that.

Sign me the heck up!!!!
    gowazzu02
    NET Rookie

• Chapow wrote:Rob Rangs final mock has us trading down out of the 1st round, picking Joel Bitonio with the 7th pick in the 2nd round, and then picking Jordan Matthews with the 32nd pick in the 2nd round.

Im not high on either of those guys. :pukeface:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Gross
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I do hope they trade back. In this situation, I think I'd rather go with Easley, then Bryant.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Derek Carr will be racking up frequent flyer miles if that pans out.

I love Rang, but he has Carr going twice in the first round. Must have finished this up late at night
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Oh man, that would be a really solid outcome for the Hawks
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• EverydayImRusselin wrote:I do hope they trade back. In this situation, I think I'd rather go with Easley, then Bryant.

Would love that.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I'd be OK but I don't think it happens just wouldn't feel right. Not a high enough ceiling on those guys
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Miami could trade up to grab James ?

Seahawks would get there #50 & #81 picks. Within 5 points on the trade chart.
    Mathews won't last to #64 thats just a pipe dream.
    2013-2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Whatever lineman Seattle does draft, I expect him to be a big bruiser, someone who physically resembles Bowie, Bailey, Carp, or perhaps LMJ. Watching the starting line struggle in power situations last year while the backup line actually moved guys, I can only conclude that Seattle doesn't need finesse guys right now, what they need are ass kickers.

I think Bitonio is solid, I just think he's going to fit another team better.

Matthews is a competitor and that will be a big feather in his cap. But he's also soft, especially when the ball is in the air. I don't even think Seattle is looking for possesion type guys anyway, but if they were, they'd be looking for tough guys like Davante Adams or Jarvis Landry or Cody Latimer.

Seattle likes to swing for the fence with their first pick. They need an explosive guy, preferably with size too. Martavis Bryant wouldn't shock me, but I think it's probably going to be Donte Moncrief. I think they rate Davante Adams really high too, just not sure if they take him with their first pick or not.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information