RG3 type deal to trade up to #1

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
RG3 type deal to trade up to #1
Wed May 07, 2014 3:31 pm
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rall-pick/

Who here would take that deal to move up and get Clowney? Part of me says I'd do it, because of how rare of a talent he is. Our front office has shown time and time again, that it knows how to draft well in the later rounds. I think I would be happy if it happened, but I seriously doubt it will.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Re: RG3 type deal to trade up to #1
Wed May 07, 2014 3:47 pm
  • Our first round picks will be worth a hell of a lot less than Washington's. Washington only moved up four spots. How much would you have to give Houston to get them to move back 31 spots?

Maybe throw in one of our marquee players in addition to future first round picks? It wouldn't be worthwhile for either team.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 5:06 pm
  • IMO this would be completely contradictory to everything that JS is as a GM, we build the roster through the draft. I don't believe he will ever mortgage an entire draft+ for one player, ever.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 5:11 pm
  • All our picks added together dont add up to enough to move up to number one on a single trade value chart. We would probably have to throw in all of next year's non compensatory picks as well. Seriously.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed May 07, 2014 6:24 pm
  • No. Ditka isn't running a team for reasons far beyond age.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 6:34 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:All our picks added together dont add up to enough to move up to number one on a single trade value chart. We would probably have to throw in all of next year's non compensatory picks as well. Seriously.

Without looking at the chart, not only are you right, but we'd probably also have to throw in next year's 1 to go with those compensatory picks. As attractive as they should be.

Too many questions surrounding Clowney for my liking. The only sure-fire pick in this draft (IMO) that would warrant a mega deal, would be Greg Robinson. I would bet the farm he sees more pro bowls than any other player selected.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 pm
  • Never, nohow, no way. JS regards draft picks like gold and has said so. Unless the deal
    is too good to turn down, eg. getting an athlete like Terrell Pryor for a seventh round
    draft pick.

Schneider will make every effort to increase our number of draft picks, not lessen them.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm
  • At this point we need a steady rotation of young guys coming to the team.. Personally I'd rather keep our picks and possibly get a guy like Dee Ford where we're at. I think he would be a beast coming off of the edge.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
  • We're already "at the top." We don't need that one player to put us over. Silly idea IMHO, and not even worth speculating about.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 am
  • No way in hell. Not the PC/JS way nor is it feasible given how much we'd have to give up to get to #1.

We're trying to trade back to get more picks, not less. We need cheap talent to mitigate some of the losses we've had and will have in the future. Given how the new CBA contracts are, you've got team control for 5 years from the draft and that's invaluable to a team. Not to mention, we have some holes to fill. Not so much this year for starters per se, but we need some hedging of our bets to make sure we're covered for CB's, LB's, DE's and DT's in the next couple of years as cap casualties happen or guys move on.

Given the track record of PC/JS, I think they trade back a couple of times in this draft starting with #32. We'll pick up a third from that and maybe a 4th rounder to pick up a late 5th or early 6th.
    jblaze
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 am
  • HawkWow wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:All our picks added together dont add up to enough to move up to number one on a single trade value chart. We would probably have to throw in all of next year's non compensatory picks as well. Seriously.

Without looking at the chart, not only are you right, but we'd probably also have to throw in next year's 1 to go with those compensatory picks. As attractive as they should be.

Too many questions surrounding Clowney for my liking. The only sure-fire pick in this draft (IMO) that would warrant a mega deal, would be Greg Robinson. I would bet the farm he sees more pro bowls than any other player selected.

Cant trade compensatory picks
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am
  • hawknation2014 wrote:Our first round picks will be worth a hell of a lot less than Washington's. Washington only moved up four spots. How much would you have to give Houston to get them to move back 31 spots?

Maybe throw in one of our marquee players in addition to future first round picks? It wouldn't be worthwhile for either team.

Yeah, even if we traded them the next five first-round picks, they'd all be at #32.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 am
  • I love Clowney but no.. not worth it. We need these picks to replace the talent that will eventually depart via FA
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information