Jerrick McKinnon

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Would love to add Seastrunk to our backfield, but he will be gone in the mid-rounds. I like Jerrick McKinnon from Georgia Southern; built very much like Sankey and Seastrunk, and as SPARQy as they come.

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 209
Arm Length: 30¼"
Hand Size: 8⅝"
10 Yard Dash: 1.46
40 Yard Dash: 4.41
Bench Press: 32
Vertical Jump: 40½"
Broad Jump: 132"
3 Cone Drill: 6.83
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.12

He's from a small school that runs triple option offense so this might make him fall. He also ran the option as QB, and also played some DB. He's a freak athlete who Pete can work in somewhere somehow. I'd be excited to get him in rounds 5-7.

[youtube]6jWeY7_hCuw[/youtube]
[youtube]TVaKsRcYsLE[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
Hopefully no draft picks are spent by the Hawks on RB, QB, P, K, TE, LB, or DS. Pick those guys up on Saturday evening. If a top tier WR is not available it will be interesting to see if the Hawks use one of their picks on a 2nd tier receiver who would be redundant with this roster.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
There's an idea being floated around that McKinnon could get drafted to be DB. He possesses game-changing potential just being on the field. So, if the Hawks draft a player like this, I would be intrigued to see how he might fit in with a bunch of other self-proclaimed misfits. The Hawks just seem to be able to get guys like this and find a place for them to contribute. If you watch his highlights, he's got a strong arm as well. To say he's versatile is almost an understatement. But, doesn't seem like he would bring enough to take anyone's position where he would potentially contribute. Might be a back-burner type pick and try to hide him on the practice squad. If the Hawks trade down and get a few more picks to work with, he might be worth a pick if he's the BPA at the time.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seafan":3t0tu2bj said:
Hopefully no draft picks are spent by the Hawks on RB, QB, P, K, TE, LB, or DS. Pick those guys up on Saturday evening. If a top tier WR is not available it will be interesting to see if the Hawks use one of their picks on a 2nd tier receiver who would be redundant with this roster.
I don't necessarily agree with "no draft picks should be spent on (said positions)." However, you make a great point in mentioning the WR position that if they're going to draft one... it should be a top tier player to legitimately compete with the current group. The only thing is that there's often a difference between those player who are projected to be top tier vs. those who produce in the NFL.

Seems like you're saying that you prefer the team to draft based on need vs. BPA. JS often comments that they're always considering BPA, but seems more like the team does draft according to need and trying to find players that fit the Hawks. So, nothing would surprise me. I just don't think you preach "players that fit the Seahawks" and then pass on a player because he's not a high position of need. If there's a player that you see fits what your team is trying to be, it's tough to pass on a guy like that b/c maybe you need him more than you know at the time. Still, yeah... each team only has so many selections to get the guys who everyone is after. So, team needs must factor in to some degree. Just not to the point of excluding players that are clearly the BPA.

So, lots of factors that go into making a selection. And yet, it's frustrating when they draft players that have little shot of making the team or contributing within the first couple of years when a player drafted after them would have been a nice addition.

It's not an exact science. We all think we're draft experts today. Truth is, as you look back at previous drafts... you value productive players. For example, if there's a LB that makes a huge impact in the league but the Seahawks had passed on him just because they looked adequate at the position (meanwhile, all the other selections didn't bring near the impact that player could have had)... how do we feel about the draft strategy then? You see... you want players that simply have the potential to make your team better. That over simply trying to plug holes. Sometimes it's an elite player that you didn't think you needed that makes the other current roster players better. I think we've seen that with this Hawks team.