7th rounders and UDFAs

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Based on our team's success targeting and coaching up seventh-round and UDFA players into meaningful roles on this team, what are some potential targets for both of these areas that jump off the screen to some of the people following really closely? I ask only because I would like to have a better handle of guys that this team may be looking at when they get to that point in the draft/post-draft.

cover-2

Reaction score
There are a handful of players that I like in the later rounds, some of whom I have discussed on earlier posts. But, the one player that I am hoping to steal in the 6th/7th/or priority free agent is Northern Illinois DT Ken Bishop. Bishop has a similar body type to Arizona St DT Will Sutton; Bishop is 6-0 306 lbs. who has some nice quickness to get penetration into the backfield. I believe he has worked out for the Raiders and Dolphins, so he is one of the flying under the radar prospects you may want to track during the later rounds of the draft.

[youtube]6D4glpi1ZGg[/youtube]

cover-2

Reaction score
Here is a player that I had mentioned in a mock I did a while back that is also one to track late in the draft. (DE) Elhadji Ndiaye 6-5 255 lbs., University of Nebraska-Kearney. He supposedly ran 4.37 40-yard dash this past summer, which is hard to believe, but if he can run anywhere near that time say like a 4.47 for a DE his size would be phenomenal. Here is my quick thoughts on him going of the video I provided below...He has good initial quickness with great closing speed. He also looks to be a high motor player that doesn't give up on a play. He has good balance to turn the corner and get on a QB. While he is raw and may take a year or two to develop an every down player at the NFL level, he has the upside/potential to be a Pro Bowl player. With his length and quickness he would be an ideal fit at our Leo position.

[youtube]QFvSMjG6dfU[/youtube]