surprised about Will Sutton

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
surprised about Will Sutton
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am
  • I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.
    VegasSeahawkFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: surprised about Will Sutton
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am
  • VegasSeahawkFan wrote:I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.

Sounds like he's motivated to me and I would give him a pass on what others told him to do his senior year. Might have cost him being a 1st round pick. http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/4/11/560 ... ing-report
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 am
  • I don't care what a combine says. I would love to see Sutton and Bennett rush on the inside. That wold be scary
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 am
  • If we can get Sutton in the 4th I'd be happy.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 am
  • Sutton isn't a NT unlike Mebane. I'd pass on this guy who has a hot/cold running motor.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Sutton isn't a NT unlike Mebane. I'd pass on this guy who has a hot/cold running motor.

sutton is closer to DT than DE but can do both, while Bennett is closer to a DE than DT, but situationally together they could wreck qb's on the inside. Avril and Irvin on the edge. qb's would be poopin themselves
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm
  • VegasSeahawkFan wrote:I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.

He was dominant as a Junior. He was somewhere between average and bad as a senior. Played slow, lacked explosiveness and just disappeared for entire halves. Would be a great pick in the 3rd if he could regain his 2012 form, will wash out of the league if he maintains his 2013 form.
    zifnab32
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 pm
  • zifnab32 wrote:
    VegasSeahawkFan wrote:I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.

He was dominant as a Junior. He was somewhere between average and bad as a senior. Played slow, lacked explosiveness and just disappeared for entire halves. Would be a great pick in the 3rd if he could regain his 2012 form, will wash out of the league if he maintains his 2013 form.

I am always wary of that with dlineman. clowney wasn't dominant at all last year too. They both had dominant years the year before. the following year after getting doubled constantly Dlineman get tagged as lazy and taking plays off. In reality they are getting beat to hell every play and it still makes there team around them a lot better.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information