Morgan Breslin an option at LEO?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
6'2, 250 lbs DE/OLB out of USC. He had 19.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, and 62 tackles in 2012. He played in just five games in 2013, but recorded eight tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks in limited action.

He says he's 100% recovered from the hip surgery that kept him out of action last year. He had a 35.5'' vertical, a 4.75 40, and 26 bench press reps at his Pro Day workout. Maybe an option in rounds 5-7?

[youtube]nEoZsuWbE0w[/youtube]

[youtube]xzn-_EwqKtc[/youtube]

[youtube]7ZvClTGToZ4[/youtube]

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think he might be a little light. Plays really hard, very strong for his size, I wonder how much upside he has.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
If he were drafted by Seattle, he would probably bulk up to play LEO. He looked a lot bigger in 2013 than he did in 2012 (if you click on the 3rd video).

His injury, size, and perceived lack of upside might keep him from being drafted before the Sixth Round.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Here is a list of other prospects who could fill that role: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat ... irst-round

1. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech: Here's a 21-year-old kid born in Nigeria who is still a work in progress as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He has played as an end. I thought he was just average at the Senior Bowl but after watching his 2013 game tapes my opinion changed. Attaochu had 72½ plays behind the line of scrimmage between sacks (31½) and tackles for loss (41). He ran an unofficial 4.5 in the 40 at his pro day and had a 37½-inch vertical. There's no doubt he needs to develop a counter move to his edge rush but he has the tools to be a fine pass rusher. He had more sacks in college than Khalil Mack or Anthony Barr.

2. Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California: While I was studying Notre Dame offensive lineman Zach Martin against USC I couldn't help but notice Kennard at outside linebacker/standup defensive end. Kennard more than held his own against the Irish tackle and has the football instincts to play in the NFL. He has strike to neutralize a run blocker, he can dip his shoulder and get under a tackle in his pass rush and he explodes off a block to close on the run and the QB. He is rarely on the ground because of good balance and technique. He employed an impressive tug-and-pull technique on Martin and had very little trouble with tight end Troy Niklas. He does not get involved in mini-battles with the blocker in front of him but rather plays with his head up looking for the ball. I see him as an ideal 3-4 strong-side outside linebacker. After watching the Notre Dame, UCLA and Stanford games, the son of former NFL offensive lineman Derek Kennard will make a team and play well. . .

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jeremiah Attaochu is a beast. 6'3, 252 lbs with a 4.6s 40. He would be perfect as a LEO prospect, though he doesn't seem to play the run all that well.

[youtube]jLceQLeY2f8[/youtube]

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I would love to have Morgan Breslin on the team. It was disappointing that he was injured so much during his final season and I'd love to be able to cheer for him on the Hawks, he was a good player when he was healthy. I loved his attitude too, he wasn't a me-first type player, he seemed very humble in the years I followed him at USC.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Morgan and Devon are both good players who work their tails off. They are great team guys.

Latest posts