Draft Order

HawkGA

Reaction score
I found myself in Walmart today killing time waiting for an oil change so I started looking at magazines on the draft. Apparently it is fashionable to do multi-round mock drafts now. One of them even went into compensatory picks, though I don't think it had any teams assigned. Anyway, they all (I think there were 3) seemed to have Seattle picking 32nd in the first round, but after that they had Denver picking with the last pick in each round. I think one of them might have had Seattle and Denver alternating.

So . . . . were these mags written before the Super Bowl and then they only bothered to update the first round before going to print or is there some weird draft order rule I am not aware of?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The only time there is an alternating pick order is in the case of a tie and then a coin flip decides who picks first in first round, then they alternate picking first in the rest of the rounds.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
These mags really should be ashamed of themselves. I'm pretty sure one of them even flip flopped the later picks. It's like half-assed hedging against the final result. WTF?